*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2282374
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 13, 2011 at 11:50am
Edited: August 13, 2011 at 11:51am
I recently started a scifi story and would like reviews :)
I could see myself in the shattered mirror across the room... not wanting to believe what i had caught only a glimpse of... "could this really be me" i had said to myself, walking slowly towards my reflection. Each step quaking and spiraling impulses of heat and vibrations up my spine, I stood there marveling at my face, noticing every detail, scars of where my skin had been ripped open and surgically imputed with veins of steel from head to toe it seemed, my eyes dead and void of color as well as my skin itself.
I knew now that i was no better than them, i was wrought with agony in both pain and realization that i was no longer human and not quite machine... I was dead...

"RAAAGHHH!" I could feel my blood boil and sear my skin through my steely veins as i clenched my fist and flung it into the mirror exploding glass forward and beyond my body, cutting me with tiny flakes but no blood came, no pain ensued, "what the hell am i" i said to myself. I knew to hate the machines that had led to my necessistic transformation but my doubt in our own race had already been weakened to the point for me to question our very existence.
I fell to my knees trying to feel anything that could let me know i was still human...but nothing came, just agony and hate for everything. I tried to remember the past, some shred of life from previous existence but i only recieved tiny bits and pieces of what had happened before what i can see now. I heard a door explode into spinters behind me along with a huge gust of wind not even causing me to flinch, there were sounds of clanking and moving machinery coming closer. I slowly raised to my feet and turned to face whatever was approaching me only to find it was an enourmous machine of sorts, huge in size, atleast twice mine and bulky yet appearing to be hastily and crudely assembled.

Its glowing red eyes glared into mine but i felt no urge to blink, not even the slightest shiver had seemed to impulse through my brain. A distorted voice creaks out, "no vital signs detected, what is your purpose here?". I stood silent not releasing a single whisper, It asked again in a firmer tone, "what is your purpose here?". these words sent a flush of memories coming back to me, increasing only more anger, my blood boiled hot once more, my entire body felt like it was expanding and decreasing at thousands of revolutions per second.
"Vital signs detected, eliminate threat", his words had much more meaning to me this time, his arm reaching back preparing to thrust at me, one thought came to mind at this point...."now way"... before he could even move a single second more i had thrusted my arm through his chest as if it was nothing more than paper, clenching his spine in my fist and tearing it from his lifeless body, i felt no emotion in doing this, none at all, i just turned away and stared into the metallic cord still in my hands, listening as the machines body crashed into the floor with great force, ceasing all movement.
"i...i remember this..."
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I recently started a scifi story and would like reviews :) · 08-13-11 11:50am
by Conpendium

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2282374