*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1008315-Remote-Controlled/cid/359139-Basketball-Fan-to-Basketball-Player
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1008315
What would you do if you could control the size and muscles of your best friend?
This choice: Drew and Jared go to the basketball court  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Basketball Fan to Basketball Player

    by: scriptboy
Drew and Jared were walking past the outdoor basketball court, which was located at the park, which was on the way home from school. The boys walked passed the park every day, and several kids were playing basketball on the court, since it was Friday, and there was no homework that needed to be done that evening.

'Let's go and join those guys!' Drew pointed out, as he stopped and watched the game, as it was in progress.

'Hey, Drew!' John shouted. John was one of the players on the court, and he recognized Drew and Jared from school. 'We're two players short right now! Why don't you guys come and join us for a quick little game?'

'Great!' Drew cheered. 'Let's join them, dude!'

But Jared was in no mood to play basketball, and gave an annoyed glance.

'No, I'll just go home''

Drew was surprised when he heard Jared's answer.

'Oh come on! What's the matter?'

'I don't like basketball. I'm too short, I'm out of shape, and I really can't play it after all! Every time I try it, I keep on getting pushed around, and I can never score any points because I'm too short and I really can't shoot unless I'm standing right under the hoop'' Jared grumbled. 'It's a stupid sport, anyway''

Drew just placed his hands on his hips as he stared at his best friend.

'Just stop your whining and let's have some fun, will you?'

'No' I'm not that good' I'll skip it. I don't want to make a complete fool out of myself''

'Okay then' Freeze!' Drew said.

Instantly, Jared was completely frozen in time, and no longer able to move any part of his body.

'You're always watching others as they play basketball. This time, you're going to be the player!' Drew thought, as he admired his best friend, who stood there, completely frozen like a statue.

'I think you need to grow a foot taller, until you're 6 foot 6 inches tall!' he commanded.

Suddenly, Jared's legs and torso started to grow longer, making his shoulders and head grow further away from the ground.

After a few seconds, his legs and his torso had grown so much, that Jared was now standing exactly 6 foot 6 inches tall! He had grown a foot taller in a matter of seconds!

'Much better, my friend'' Drew chuckled, as he stared at Jared. 'Now you can no longer use your height as an excuse not to play basketball!'

Drew then remembered what Jared had said about not being a good player.

'Now, you'll have the same basketball skills as a professional NBA player, without the money or the desire to play in the national league!' Drew said to the frozen Jared. 'You'll just be a great player who wants to play for fun!'

Drew then snapped his fingers, immediately unfreezing Jared, who had no idea what had happened to him.

Since Jared was now six inches taller than Drew, he stared at him in confusion for a few moments.

'Drew' You've shrunk!'

'No, dude' You've grown taller! Just look around you!'

Jared looked around and realized, by seeing some familiar things on the street, which now all seemed a little smaller than they were before, that he had indeed grown a foot taller!

'Wow'.'

'Now, let's play!' Drew instructed him.

The boys then walked on to the court and joined the other players. And, Jared was the best player on the court, by far! He made all the shots, he even was able to dunk the ball a few times, and he passed and shot the ball from just about any location on the court! He was almost like a perfect basketball player!

'There' I'm gonna have some fun changing you, my friend'' Drew chuckled. It was just a treat seeing Jared enjoy playing some sports now. And this was a kid, who used to hate to play sports, because he was never any good.

Drew just smiled as he watched Jared play. What would he change next, about his best friend?

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1008315-Remote-Controlled/cid/359139-Basketball-Fan-to-Basketball-Player