*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A gift and a debt
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1533048-Wand-of-modification/cid/751213-A-gift-and-a-debt
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1533048
A wand changes reality as holder wants changes lives of all. Open to anyone to add10/3Edit
Chapter #1

A gift and a debt

    by: mingusdew
On a sunny day in town Dave and his friends are walking around, bored out of their collective minds, when Dave spots a new store in town to go check out.

"Lets check out what kinda place that new store is."

"Looks like an antique store or something" says Brandon as they walk past the large glass store front

"Nessesary Things" Dave mumbles to himself "That seems so familiar like I've heard of it before"

"What'd you say?" asked Britt

"Nothin', lets check it out"

When they enter the store everyone feels that things just dont look right but no one says anything. The curios in the store arent what looks wrong, nothing creepy or demonic looking. Old lamps, chairs, and tables, even a red coke cooler from a 50s era diner stuff almost every inch of the shop leaving just enough room for walking space between them. Everything covered in an thick coating of dust making the old items look even older. But a new store that wasn't there a week ago looks as if everything inside has been sitting undisturbed for years, thick cobwebs connect things to each other as the cobwebs themselves where holding the items together. Dave picks up an old handcarved wooden box an is about to open it. Suddenly a sound as if an old car with a bad engine were starting arises in the stuffed shop. Startled by the noise everyone turns around to see the sound coming from the throught of an old man who looks as if he to has been sitting undisturbed in the shop for years along with all the antiques. When the old mans coughs finally sounds as if the engine has started he stops coughing, and looks right at Dave and only at Dave as if the other 3 people in the store didnt even exist.

"What can I do ya for?" he asked with a voice that sounded like an old car revving its engine

"Nothin really just looking" Dave responds trying to dodge the old mans stare.

"I've never seen this store before but looks like you've been here for ages how long have you been here?" questions Rachel

"Long enough." responds the old man never breaking his glare upon Dave but showing that he obviously knows there is more than just one person here "Nice eye you have there, quite a rare find."

"Yea its beautifully carved never seen anything like it. How much?"

"$7000"

"Its a nice box but no way this is worth 7000 unless it was owned by Jesus himself"

"Screw the box whats inside is what counts" Dave opens the box to reveal a quite unremarkable cheap stereotypical looking magicians wand. Dave looked at the man with a "haha nice joke" look.

"Seriously? This cheap piece of crap worth 7000?"

"OH yes worth more than you can imagine but 7000 sounded like a good price but I could part with it for less."

"How much?"

"Not money but if you would do a favor for me when I ask I'll let you have it."

"He's not gonna have to kill anyone is he?" Brandon asked in a mocking tone

"No nothing like that. But do we have a deal?"

"Ok sure"

"Great!" he yelped sounding as if the car his voice sounded like had backfired. and proceeded to wrap the box is paper and hand it to Dave, then he turned and walked back into his storeroom as if no more pleasantries were needed. and everyone looked at each other and left the store not wanting to deal with the old man anymore.

"Why the hell did you get that thing?" asked Jakie

"Hey it was basically free and his favor is probably gonna be asking me to mow his lawn or something. The wand is worthless but I bet can get a good amount reselling the box."

"Whatever lets go home." said Jakie

"What? Its a beautiful day out and look at all the ladies?" Brandon said smiling at the 2 girls sitting at a table at the outside cafe.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 mingusdew (UN: mingusdew83 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mingusdew has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1533048-Wand-of-modification/cid/751213-A-gift-and-a-debt