*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1588943-A-Day-Of-Dreams/cid/759007-A-Slightly-Different-Family
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #1588943
Over the course of 24 hours, your dreams drive you nuts. Scary as possible, please.
This choice: Door 1  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A Slightly Different Family

    by: Dutch91
Entering this door, he ended up in his house...like he was awake. But he wasn't. Though he didn't know that.

Looking around, he looked at a bookcase. On top of it was a portrait of his family...but he wasn't in it. Caitlin then walked around the corner, her usual Playmate looking way and stared at Alex. It was like she had never seen him before. Like he was a stranger.

Caitlin said, "Who are you?" Alex replied, "I'm your brother, don't you remember?" Caitlin shook her head.


Alex looked at Caitlin, who merely looked confused as she licked her lips. Alex wondered why she would lick her lips. A noise went off and Caitlin went off to the kitchen, the oven apparently beeping. Maybe that was it. She was hungry.

Alex looked around the house and eventually met up with his parents and brother, Robert. But they didn't know him either. Things were getting slightly weird. He sat down on a couch, pondering what to do next.

Turning on the nearby TV, a kid's show was on. Talking purple dinosaurs. One said, "Kids, remember loneliness is just a state of mind." Then the next said, "If you're lonely, talk to someone you trust."


Then the room started getting smaller and smaller until it crushed itself, crushing Alex to death. Then he "woke" up in the guest room bed. Caitlin, Robert and his parents were there. But they were...different. Each in a different way.

Caitlin kept checking herself out. Lusting over herself. Touching herself. This was odd, she was pretty but she wasn't in love with herself...at least not to this extent.

Robert kept cracking his knuckles. Over and over. Again and again.

Mom kept scratching herself. Never stopping.

Dad was just...blank. No emotion whatsoever.


Then they all started humming Frere Jacques. Wait, doesn't that song translate to "Are you sleeping?"

Something had to be wrong. This whole place was wrong, crushed to death and then waking up like it was nothing...to a creepier version of your family? ...Maybe you should talk to one of them. Maybe that would help. Hopefully.


Then you heard rain outside. Looking out the window, it was raining. That was oddly timed. But this whole thing is just too messed. Alex thought maybe he could get answers from his family. Talk to one of them, see what was going on...or he could leave and get out of this freaky house.

What does he do?

You have the following choices:

1. Talk to Caitlin.

*Noteb*
2. Talk to Robert.

*Noteb*
3. Talk to Mom.

*Noteb*
4. Talk to Dad.

5. Get out of this creepy house.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Dutch91 (UN: batlagoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dutch91 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1588943-A-Day-Of-Dreams/cid/759007-A-Slightly-Different-Family