*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. I called for mom.
  2. Rex Tyrone.
  3. Custom character anyone?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1653560-Monster-Child/cid/1143518-I-called-for-mom
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1653560
I am slowly changing into a monster! What can I do!?
This choice: I called for mom.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

I called for mom.

    by: scriptboy
Now mom and dad had been divorced already for some five years by now. I lived alone with mom in our house near the beach in the outskirts of Miami and dad had moved out as soon as the divorce hit. I stayed with mom and I took care of her. I guess mom caught dad fooling around with some lady at the office and she immediately got a lawyer and it was over and out.

Mom would sit on the phone every Sunday afternoon and call her own mother. Grandma was really sweet and nice to me, and she would watch over me when we would come and visit. But that wouldn’t happen so often since grandma lived in Cleveland, Ohio and grandpa had moved to Brazil for some mysterious reason. According to mom, grandpa moved away to do some strange research and he died in Brazil. She never told me why and the subject never gets brought up, so I never asked.

So, I started getting this weird rash on my upper arm! My arm started turning this odd, lime green color. While I was in the shower, I put some soap over it and I used a rag and a sponge to rub it off, but nothing helped! The rash remained, and it almost seemed like my skin had just changed color! Not only that, but the rash appeared to cover more of my arm as time went by!

I quickly got out of the shower and dried off. While I toweled myself, I also noticed something else. As I turned towards the mirror, I realized that I didn’t seem so scrawny anymore. It was as if I had gained some muscle. But, I hadn’t lifted any weights or anything, so I just shrugged it off and put on a t-shirt and some shorts. Again, my clothes fit me a little more tightly, but I decided I could live with it.

Mom worked as a bookkeeper at a car dealership, so I always loved to stop by the place after school or on weekends or whenever I was bored, so I could hang out with the guys in the service garage. I could look at the cars and carry boxes and lift tires and so on. Usually, I would go to the recreation center, which was located at a public park down the street from my house and my school, where I would play tennis or soccer after school is over. I would meet with my friends Jason and Kyle there, who I loved to hang out with. We were all geeks, but we loved to kick a ball around or to hit a ball on the tennis court, just for fun or just to kill time.

I figured I would approach mom with my rash, and see what she’d say. My only chores in the house are doing the dishes, water her plants, turn on the sprinklers, and do my homework. Today just happened to be Saturday, so I was really wondering what mom would say about this.

You have the following choices:

1. Mom remains calm when she sees the green rash.

*Noteb*
2. Mom panics when she sees the green rash.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1653560-Monster-Child/cid/1143518-I-called-for-mom