*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Start
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1888479-Tiny-Twins/cid/1423004-Start
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1888479
Twins shrink while their parents are away, leaving their big sisters to care for them.
Chapter #1

Start

    by: Frost
"Bye Mom and Dad!" Mary chimed out her window, wanting to make sure she was the last one to say goodbye.

"Your big sister Catherine is coming in a bit, stay safe while we're gone!" Their mom yelled back, while the car began to leave the driveway. Jamie found nothing better to do on the first day of summer but sleep, he kept himself in the bed since the morning, objecting to joining Wendy for grocery shopping. James and Mary we're left home alone, as Carla left for her ballet practice just before they left. He decided to go back to the bed he has to share with his sister, and went back to sleep.

Later Jamie woke up to the sound of giggling and bad smell. Jamie opened his eyes to see Carla laughing and a ballet slipper placed on his nose, he immediately gagged and threw the slipper off of his face. Carla laughing at the sight.
"How long was that on there?" He asked wiping his nose with his blanket.

She only smiled. "Two hours." Carla said while leaving the room. Jamie sighed and changed into his normal clothes. He walked out of his shared room and walked downstairs, seeing his sister Wendy in her gym clothes, her feet resting on the coffee table, her gym socks not too far from the table.

"Well good morning sleepy head, I guess Carla woke you." Wendy said, stifling a giggle. She laughed at the expense of your sense of smell.

"Yeah," he answered simply. Wiping his nose in disgust at the recent memory.

"At least your dressed Cathy will be here any minute."

"Right, where is Mary?"

"She's outside on the swing set." Wendy said, pointing her can of soda outside. Jamie nodded and walked outside, and sure enough his sister was swinging on an old swing that was probably older than his parents. He made his way around the pool, and passed the garden. Mary waved to her brother and planted her feet firmly on the dirt, nearly stumbling on the ground. Jamie chuckled to himself as he helped his sister regain her balance. He couldn't help but notice that his sister kicked an anthill without knowing, he also noticed an ant climb around her sock, only to be crushed by her other foot that scratched her leg. Jamie felt a chill down his spine as he watched the ant die.

"So how's everything?" Mary asked, Jamie just shrugged. Mary's connection with Jamie was able to tell her he was feeling odd.

"I can't help but feel something is off." James said quietly, Mary thought nothing of it and figured it was best to ignore it.

"Hey Cathy's here!" They heard Carla yell out the back window, both twins ran up to the back door. They both scrambled to the front both eager to see Catherine.

"Sorry I'm late, there was an accident in the highway and traffic was ins-"

"Cathy!" Mary screamed while diving towards the taller blonde. Catherine smiled and did her best to hold up the ten year old.

"Hey there short stuff." Catherine greeted happily, letting down the girl from her grip.

"Hi Catherine." Jamie greeted her almost formally, he was self conscious on the way she taunted them for being the youngest.

"And there's the smallest," she rubbed in. Wendy crouched down, but she managed to be slightly taller than him. Jamie groaned as she patted his head with a look of adoration.

Several Hours Later...

Jamie clutched his chest in pain, feeling something strange wash over him. He sat up in bed, stifling a scream so he drank the water he had on his bedside table.

"Jamie?" Mary asked, she sat up next to him. Her chest burning with just as much pain.

"Yes, Mary?" he asked.

"My stomach hurts..." Mary whined, reaching for her own glass of water.

"Mine does too." Jamie added, he felt the pain slowly go away.

Jamie woke up to the sound of thundering footsteps, he jolted upwards and looked up to the ceiling. Jamie noticed that the ceiling was farther then usual, he stood up and saw that the landscape went on for miles. He rubbed his eyes in disbelief and hoped to himself that it was just a dream.

"What the?" Jamie stood up and was thankful that his pajamas shrunk with him, even though he figured that his pajamas would provide little protection from the cold. He compared himself the the pillow and figured he was about half an inch tall. Panicked, the shrunken boy ran in the direction that his sister might have been in.

"Mary! Mary, where are you?" James shouted out loud, hoping that his sister was safe. He ran along the massive pillow, running faster than he was used to. Once he reached the end of his pillow...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Frost (UN: mr.tactical at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sam Gamgee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1888479-Tiny-Twins/cid/1423004-Start