*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2025786-TSAR-Trait-Swapping-Alchemical-Ring/cid/1918386-James-puts-the-ring-away-and-decides-to-worry-a
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2025786
Teen finds an alien artifact that can swap traits, but can have dangerous side effects.
This choice: James puts the ring away and decides to worry about it tomorrow.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

James puts the ring away and decides to worry a...

    by: DrZaaijer
James had the ring and the ring 'spoke' to him so it couldn't be a joke. But how could it be true? Was he hallucination? Was he going crazy? Was he already insane? He didn't think so. He decided to not worry about the ring and deal with it tomorrow. But one thing was for sure until he knew one way or the other the ring wasn't going to leave his finger.

The next day was a school day and so he did his usual morning routine and then left for school. He met up with Eric and proceeded with him to school. He didn't want to tell Eric what had happened in case he was crazy. It was best to test the ring out before telling anyone, even his best friend. The first period class James shared with Eric but not the second period.

James entered his second period class which was Living Environment. Mr. Conti was teaching and the class had settled into its routine. James wanted to make a small change that he would notice but wouldn't seem too out of the ordinary. The ring made it clear that he could make the people around not notice the odd things that happened and he wanted to test this too, but he couldn't do anything too bizarre in case it didn't work. Something if it went wrong there wouldn't be any problem. James thought about swapping the clothes between the teacher and one of the students. Or making one of the students the teacher and the teacher a student. He thought of a lot of things.

Then he hit upon it, make nothing happen and no one notice. That was it. James would reach into Mr. Conti's mind and every time he was about to say something he would forget it. He would stand there saying nothing and James could see if anyone noticed.

James started his plan, there were two parts to it. The first was to make Mr. Conti forget what he was about to say. It was a natural thing, happens all the time, you have something on the tip of your tongue but you can't get a hold of it. That is the way it would be for Mr. Conti if he tried to say anything about the 'Living Environment." The second step was to make the class unaware that nothing was happening. James would do this all class and see if anything (well nothing actually) happened. If he could do this he could try something more exotic like a student teaching the class.

Mr. Conti was standing in front of the class and you could see he was about to say something, but he didn't do it. The rest of the class was either looking at him, or ready to write down what he was about to say or not paying attention to what was going on as they usually did. But no one did anything out of the ordinary even though Mr. Conti hadn't said a word in over a minute.

A couple of the students in the back weren't paying attention to what Mr. Conti 'wasn't' saying and Mr. Conti did notice. he went over to them and chastised them as if it was a perfectly normal class and he had plenty to say. But when he was done getting the class back to order he continued to stand in the front of the class on the verge of lecturing but not saying a word.

James loved it all. Nothing was happening and it was a hoot. When the class bell rang, James returned everyone (including Mr. Conti) to normal and went to his next class. James decided to try and make one small change in every class he attended today but he resolved to return everyone in the class to normal when the 'end of period' bell sounded.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 DrZaaijer (UN: itsme2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DrZaaijer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2025786-TSAR-Trait-Swapping-Alchemical-Ring/cid/1918386-James-puts-the-ring-away-and-decides-to-worry-a