*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2091444-Young--Hungry-the-Zack-and-Alice-Story/cid/2188559-Wont-You-Be-Our-Neighbor
Rated: E · Interactive · Erotica · #2091444
two young lovebirds who may find themselves growing together in more ways than one...
This choice: They were going to go next door and meet the neighbors!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Won't You Be Our Neighbor?

    by: Bobo the Hobo
So the hardest part about moving was probably going to be getting to know everybody.

And that was to be expected. Zack had come from a big family, and was raised in a big city where he knew almost everyone. Even when someone new moved to town, he was always the one showing them around, never the other way around. And Alice had come fresh out of an Academy where she knew almost everyone within a two-year radius. By the time she had become a senior, Freshmen were actively looking to her for advice on what to do and where to go—neither of them had been fish out of water for a very long time.

Which was why Alice felt, and Zack agreed, that it was important that they get to know people in this new town. Not only as individuals, but as a couple.

Before either of them really got started with this whole "life in Abercrombie" thing, it would be a pretty good idea for them to get a fresh start. Make some new friends, build some familiarity with the people around them.

As a businessman now, it would be important for Zack to need to network anyway (was that the right word, network?) and Alice would need to know everything there is to know about Abercrombie if she ever wanted to find good venues to debut her designs. It seemed only natural that they would start exploring on a more social level than they had been in the past week or so.

And they were going to start right here, in their apartment complex.

"I don't know babe, aren't we a little... old to have a playdate?"

"Shut up." Alice giggled as she gave him a little punch in the arm, "They invited us over like, last week. We said we wanted to make friends... well, this is how you make friends!"

The couple in 21C, right down the hall from them, had actually been the first people besides the movers to speak to them in Abercombie. They had been moving their stuff down the hall, and they poked their heads out to offer a hand. Even though they said they were fine, they were still nice enough to offer Zack and Alice over one day, to help them get situated.

That had been a week ago, and it wasn't like they were doing anything else before their respective responsibilities kicked in. Alice had made sure their offer was still open last night as she passed one of them in the hallway, and they said to come on over...

"What were their names again?"

"I think the guy's name was Seth." Alice whispered, "And... Tess? I want to say his girlfriend's name is Tess."

"Last name?"

"I don't know!" Alice couldn't hold back a giggle as Zack cracked a smile, "Stop being dumb."

"You're dumb."

Seth and Tess were two self-described "sorta-kinda-okay neighbors". They were about Zack and Alice's age, and were in a pretty similar situation. They were young, a couple, and taking the steps towards moving towards bigger and better things... why shouldn't they hang out together?

Alice gave the door a little knock.

"It's open!" came a voice from inside, "Come on in guys, we were just getting started on lunch!"

Zack and Alice looked at one another, steeling themselves.

"You got this?" Alice asked her at-times-awkward boyfriend

"Got it." Zack nodded with a playful intensity, "You good?"

"I'm good." Alice smiled, "Let's go."

"Let's go make some friends!"

They high-fived each other and opened the door.

Seth and Tess were...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bobo the Hobo (UN: psuedophobic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bobo the Hobo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2091444-Young--Hungry-the-Zack-and-Alice-Story/cid/2188559-Wont-You-Be-Our-Neighbor