*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Creepy Mansion
  2. Male
  3. The adventure begins!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2097160-Monster-Girl-Feet/cid/2261987-Creepy-Mansion
by Kamu
Rated: GC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2097160
Will you defeet the Monster Girl Empire, or be crushed underfoot?
This choice: Reader's choice  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Creepy Mansion

    by: Neon
*NOTE: This storyline will take place in a sort of mix between futuristic and medieval technology, so the setting sort of follows it's own rules.*

There was a large abandoned mansion outside your village. The mansion sits at the top of a cliff and looks down across the ocean on one side and your village on the other. For years the silhouette of the structure had loomed over your village, it seemed light had never shined on that place once during all the times you had looked up at it.
Strange sounds could sometimes be heard echoing down the cliffside and once in awhile someone would go up and see what was happening, but one of two things was all that ever happened.
Either those that ventured up had returned with no more information than they had left with, finding nothing and saying that it was just an abandoned mansion.
Or, on much less frequent occasions, the adventurers would return, hysterical with fear, some even much so that later, when questioned, they had blacked out the experience all together.

You distinctly remember an event from your childhood where a young man named Jamin, the son of one of your parent's friends, had decided to see what was up with the house and see if it would be a decent place to hang out. Like a clubhouse to get away from the, sometimes overbearing, adults. Nobody saw Jamin for 3 days. But you were sure that you saw lights on up at the mansion at night, and you were pretty sure you heard female laughter from the mansion those few nights, you had just figured Jamin had brought a few of his friends up with him and one of them happened to be female and she happened to laugh a lot. Now, looking back, you realize that the reality was not at all innocent, and you cringed to wonder what was being done to Jamin as those laughs echoed down the cliffs.
In the early morning, Jamin had wandered back into the village, terror written across his face and tears in his wide eyes. But that wasn't the only thing on his face, a huge, grimy footprint had been stamped into his face. It took days to get him cleaned up after that. Years for him to not freak out whenever he saw a white dress or a woman's bare foot.
Worse, whenever he was questioned about his experience, he would only ever say: "The Scary Lady stepped on me." or "The Scary Lady put me under her feet." usually with a mental breakdown to accompany it. And after awhile, everyone just stopped mentioning it around him or his family.
But you had done your research, read every book you could on how monsters behaved and what their strengths and weaknesses were. And you suspected this to be the work of a ghost. It made sense, because what terrified Jamin was definitely a monster, but most monsters would have tried to attack the village by now, try to kidnap someone, or do something. But nothing of the sort had occurred, and the only incident involving whatever was up there was whenever someone stepped into it's turf. And the only type of monster that you could think of that was confined to such a small space, without involving any sort of magic or advanced technology was ghosts, due to their nature of having to be quite powerful to function outside of their haunting ground. To your knowledge, only very powerful and ancient ghost could penetrate the boundaries, and considering this ghost was still confined, you were guessing she was not extremely powerful.
You had studied how to hunt ghosts, not with swords, not even sacred objects did much but put up a fairly weak ward against them. No, the way to deal with a ghost was by binding it and berating it into submission with spells until it is in complete submission. There was no way to actually kill something that was technically already dead, so the best option was to control it.
You had tried this technique a few times, and you could finally manage to gently call a horse telepathically. You did not plan on being so gentle with whatever was up there.
You packed up wit you needed; sage, a few sacred objects, a small dagger (just in case shit got real), a few voice recorders, and a Ouija Board to communicate with whatever spirit in case it won't cooperate with the recorders.
But you knew that the Ouija Board would be useless at best, and dangerous at worst without another person to play with. Moreover, going up alone was rather foolish in and of itself. Do you find a partner or risk it and go it alone?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Neon (UN: neondeathadder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kamu has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2097160-Monster-Girl-Feet/cid/2261987-Creepy-Mansion