*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Swapplet
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2166257-The-Swapplet/cid/2534183-The-Swapplet
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2166257
Ethan finds a strange tablet in his backyard that allows him to swap with people.
Chapter #1

The Swapplet

    by: Mr. Scratch
„I’m calling bullshit“

„I tell you. It really works!“, reassured Ethan his friend Lilly.

„Yeah, right. As if there was a thing as swapping people. And to think that it would be made possible through a tablet like thing that just happened to land in your backyard at night“, Lilly replied and shook her head. “How stupid do you think I am?”

“But I’m telling you it really worked! And when I found it, it wasn’t a remote. It was a strange liquid like thing and the moment I touched it, it changed into this remote”, he explained again and showed her the remote. It was black in colour and was made almost completely out of a touch screen. “I guess it changed to this form to make using it easier for me.”

“Riiiiiight”, said Lilly, still not believing him. Ethan knew that this thing would work. He had already tested it. The swapplet, like he had decided to call it, was too big to carry it around town and not having someone see it. Sure, he could have grabbed a backpack and had it hidden in there but that would be too easy. He had swapped his mothers purses with his lack of having a purse and was now carrying around a stylish, black leather purse. The best part was that nobody seemed to notice anything out of the ordinary, his mother did not even bat an eye that he was now carrying around her purse.

“Okay, if you don’t believe me, then how about I show you? How about we swap hair?”, he suggested.

Lilly sighed long and loud. “Okay, fine. Embarrass yourself.” She crossed her arms and looked at him, waiting for him to finally tell her that he was just messing with her.

Ethan began typing on the swapplet and then handed it over to her. “Here, you have to let it scan your hand first. Otherwise you won’t see the swaps”, he explained. Ethan was not sure why he knew that. He figured that the swapplet somehow communicated directly with his mind and explained to him how it works.

Lilly rolled her eyes but did as she had been told. Ethan then resumed adjusting the settings on the swapplet so that he would swap Lilly’s red, curly, shoulder length hair with his short, blond hair. As soon as he pressed “Accept” he could feel his hair lengthen. It happened so fast that the swap was almost instantaneous.

“OH MY GOD!”, exclaimed Lilly as she immediately grabbed her now short hair and looked in disbelieve at her friend. “You were really telling the truth!”
“Told ya”, he said with a big grin on his face as he ran his fingers through his hair. “And like I said, if you did not scan your hand and register yourself on the swapplet…”

“Swapplet?”, she interrupted him.

“Yeah, it didn’t have a name written down somewhere and ‘alien thing that landed in my backyard that allows me to swap everything between two people’ doesn’t really roll off the tongue. Anyways, as I was saying before you rudely interrupted me: If you are registered within the applet, you will notice every swap that will be made afterwards unless it is specifically adjusted to exclude you”, he continued.

“And it can swap everything? So, let’s say I would like to swap my outfit…”, she pointed her finger at her yellow T-shirt, tight jeans and wedge heel sandals. “with yours…”, she then pointed at Ethan’s black T-Shirt, brown pants and black sneakers. “or if I wanted to swap my purse with yours, I really like it by the way, it would be possible, and nobody would think this was strange?”

Ethan chuckled slightly at her comment about the purse. It proved that reality changing really worked but he could not tell that to Lilly. She would not believe him anyway. It was also kind of exciting for Ethan to carry around such a feminine item without anyone taking a second glance at him. He had been interested in stories where the protagonist gets swapped with the opposite gender for quite some time now. He had always wished that something like this was possible and would happen to him, not that he would tell that to anyone. But now it was possible, and it was happening to him! And it was exciting and turning him on.

“Yup, it works exactly like that”, he answered as he casually played with his new hair. “It can swap every aspect of your body, every item that belongs to you. It can even swap traits of your personality, skills or how people see you and stuff. If I wanted I could swap lives with you. We would still look like our normal selves, but everybody would think we were the other person. And before you asked, no I haven’t tried out anything other than our hair swap. As scary as it sounds, the swapplet seems to communicate with me telepathically and lets me know its capabilities and how it works.”

“Unbelievable…”, she muttered. “Can… Can I have it for a moment?”

Ethan hesitated for a moment. Something in him told him not to let go of the swapplet but a short glance at Lilly, a girl he knew since kindergarten, a girl who he called his best friend and most important of all a girl he had a crush on for as long as he can remember, his doubts vanished, and he handed her the swapplet.

As Lilly took hold of it her eyes suddenly became empty for a moment. Then suddenly the life returned to her eyes. “I understand what you mean. I suddenly know how to use it.”

“Scary, isn't it?”

Lilly nodded. “But it is handy. Now I know how to use the device.” She looked it over for a brief period. “Ethan… Do you know what this means? Just think of all the possible things we could do! We can be anyone we want! We don’t like something about ourselves? Then we just swap it away! This is so exciting!”

“Yes, and that is exactly the reason why nobody except us should know about it. We can’t risk losing it.”

“Yeah… So, what now? I want to try it out, but you found it, so it’s your decision what we do with it now”, she said and handed it back to Ethan.

“Well, I would say we should not go around and mindlessly swap us or others for fun. At least not for now. We don’t know if anyone noticed the swapplet landing in my backyard apart from me. We should try to make only a few swaps and keep it hidden until we are absolutely sure that nobody but us knows about it”, he explained to her. “But, I get that you want to try it out. One swap, okay?”

He gave her the swapplet back and she took it with glee. “Okay, okay. Let me think. What should I swap? The possibilities are endless!”

You have the following choices:

1. She swaps their genitals.

2. She swaps their chests.

3. She swaps their clothes.

4. She swaps their lives.

5. Readers Choice.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Mr. Scratch (UN: damaho1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mr. Scratch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2166257-The-Swapplet/cid/2534183-The-Swapplet