*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. She swaps their lives.
  2. The Swapplet
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2166257-The-Swapplet/cid/2573286-She-swaps-their-lives
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2166257
Ethan finds a strange tablet in his backyard that allows him to swap with people.
This choice: She swaps their lives.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

She swaps their lives.

    by: Morphology
Lilly stood there for a minute thinking about what she could do with the powerful device that she held in her hands. 'I wonder what Angela would do with this? She would probably try to find some sort of fashion game or something.' She chuckled silently to herself as the thought came across.

"What's so funny?" Ethan asked his friend and crush.

"Oh nothing, really. You wouldn't really understand unless you lived my..." She stopped and Ethan knew that look in her eye. It's like something went off in her head and illuminated her thoughts into a clear path.

"What?" Ethan wondered, still trying to get what she was talking about. He brushed a stray piece of hair out of his eyes and tucked it behind his ear.

"I know what I want to swap." She looked at him with a huge grin on her face. "I want us to swap our lives."

"You've got to be kidding me." Ethan nearly shouted, but wanting to avoid any suspicion, silenced his voice.

"What? You said that I could pick what we could swap and that's what I chose." Lilly replied with a matter of fact tone in her voice. "Are you too afraid to live my life?"

"No, it's not that I..." Ethan started to state his case, but was a loss for words. He'd read stories on the internet about guys swapping lives with girls and living their life. Although most of the stories were that of revenge, he found them to be really great reads. "I just don't know how to live your life is all." He crossed his arms across his chest in a seemingly defiant manner.

"It's not that hard, I mean it's Saturday and we don't have school tomorrow." She pleaded her case to her best friend. "You can go to my home and we can stay this way until school on Monday." She looked into Ethan's eyes and tried to see what he was thinking. Knowing that she was winning, Lilly thought that she would try to throw in something else. "I will even swap back our hair."

"I know this is going to be more trouble than it's worth." Ethan sighed as he brought his curly red hair back to his face. He was talking about having Lilly's hair and potentially having to live her life for the remainder of the weekend.

"So are you going to do it?" Lilly asked with bated breath.

"Yeah, but only for the weekend." Ethan pointed out to his friend. "Plus I want us to swap our hair back, before we do it." He held out his hand and motioned for the Swapplet.

"I can do it." She replied as she brought up the their profiles and hit the 'Accept' button. She breathed a sight of relief when she saw her red hair flow back down in front of her eyes. "So you want to do this right?" She asked as she pressed the 'Accept' button. Lilly didn't rally want to wait for her friend's permission. SHE had the powerful device in her hand and SHE had the choice to pick what she wanted to. As she pressed the button, there wasn't any fanfare that the swap had worked, instead it was almost as if she blinked and she was sitting in a different spot. Looking around the room, she noticed that Ethan was still sitting next to her, but now he was wearing the clothes that she was wearing only seconds earlier. The yellow T-shirt and tight jeans looked really odd on him, but not as odd as her curly red hair back on his head.

"I thought we traded this back?" He groaned as he looked down is body. It felt weird wearing Lilly's clothes, even more wearing her underwear. He noticed that he was now holding the Swapplet.

"When we swapped lives, I think it gave us the hair too." Lilly pointed out.

They both heard a vibrating sound coming from one of their bags. "I think that one is yours." Ethan pointed over at Lilly's, now his bag. "Should I answer it?" He asked and watched as Lilly nodded her head. "It's your Mom." He hit the green button to accept the call. "Hello?" He paused for a moment and Lilly could tell that something was going on. "Okay, I'll be there in a minute." He hung up the phone and looked back over at Lilly.

"Well?" Lilly asked with anticipation.

"Well, it looks like I'm living your life." Ethan sighed as he put the phone back into 'his' bag. "My name is Lilly and I need to go home to babysit Angela." He picked up the Swapplet and started to put it also in his bag.

"Can't I keep it?" Lilly asked with a hopeful smile.

"No, it's mine and I don't want to take the chance to have stuff to be messed up when we swap back." Ethan quickly answered as he waved her good bye and he headed over to Lilly's house.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Lilly checks out her new life.

2. Ethan heads home.

*Noteb*
3. Angela sees the Swapplet.

4. Reader's Choice.

*Noteb*
5. Reader's Choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Morphology (UN: sakura0004 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mr. Scratch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2166257-The-Swapplet/cid/2573286-She-swaps-their-lives