*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Sword of Eternity
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/722041-Knights-and-Dragons/cid/166348-The-Sword-of-Eternity
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Gothic · #722041
The days of knights and chivalry flourish...or do they?
Chapter #1

The Sword of Eternity

    by: DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~
The hall is dark and empty with the exception of the five knights that stand in full armor, the metal glistening softly in the torch light. You stand with them, wondering who each one of them are, wondering if they know you.

You study the Sword of Eternity that lays center upon the large table, two swords laying to either side. Five swords, five knights. The Sword of Eternity is the ulitmate prize. It is the sword you deserve and so it shall be yours.

The king approaches, his eyes dark and unrelenting. You feel the sweltering heat of your body collecting inside your armor as the king walks slowly down the line of knights.

"Each of you," He begins, his voice deep and strong. "Are special. Each of you are strong. I need you all, the five provinces united under the royal banner. None of you know who stands beside you, could be brother or stranger, friend or foe. Here is your solemn vow." The king picks up the Sword of Eternity from the midst of the others. "He who weilds this sword shall be the one to trust. He who bows first will be the one to serve."

Your knee bends of it's own accord and you are humble before the king. The others growl in thier helmets and you can hear grumbling. The sword was meant to be yours, you knew and now you have it.

"Arise, ser, and remove your helmet. Show all who we call leader of the realm."

You stand and move your hand toward your visor...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/722041-Knights-and-Dragons/cid/166348-The-Sword-of-Eternity