*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A job request.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/902300-Puppet-People/cid/673871-A-job-request
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #902300
Attack of the Puppet People! You are sold as a child's toy! Feel free to add!
Chapter #1

A job request.

    by: gulliverstoy
Bob Westly applied for work at a toy store he had never even knew was in town. He saw the help wanted ad in the local newspaper for a position in sales. As he entered the store, he noticed it was virtually empty of customers. The decor was mostly doll accessories as far as he could see, with a few of what looked like GI Joe play sets. He called out for help, and heard shuffling in the back of the store. Out walked an old man with a kind face, who asked how he could be of assistance. Bob told the man he was here for the job, if it hadn't been taken yet. The man smiled broadly and introduced himself as Mr. Franz, the owner of the store. Mr. Franz asked him to join him in the back room and they would discuss his credentials. As Bob talked of the places he worked before, embellishing a bit here and there, Mr. Franz was curiously looking him up and down. He even put his hand on his shoulder and gave him a brisk shake. Bob found this a bit odd, but assumed it was to see if he could haul the big boxes that he noticed in this back room. After a bit, Bob asked if he had the job. Mr. Franz, who had been silent all the while, looked up and smiled.

"You'll do fine," he smiled. Bob was relieved. The old man may seem eccentric, but seemed to be a kind man. "Now, if you'll come this way", the old man continued," I would.....like to take your picture....for my records." Mr. Franz led Bob to a spot in front of the strangest camera he had ever seen. As Bob stood there, the old man got behind the device and a strange grin now covered his face. "You'll do just fine....." There was a flash of light, a strange sensation and then darkness.

The next thing Bob Westly knew, he tried opening his eyes but the light was intense and took a minute for his sleepy eyes to adjust. His limbs felt heavy and wouldn't move. Did he faint? How long had he been out? Where was he? His eyes finally were able to see, but his confusion went unresolved. He saw the storeroom he was in, but things looked off kilter. And it seemed as though he was behind glass. Bob tried to move but couldn't. He assumed it was from his limbs being asleep, but he was beginning to panic. His eyes searched from side to side, but all he saw was an empty storeroom, and this glas surrounding him. He forced his head to inch down, so he could see toward his feet. He saw that he was naked! What happened to his clothes?! He was nude all but a loosely hung white cloth tied around his waist like a small bathroom towel. He instinctively tried to raise his hands to cover himself, but his arms still refused to move. Had the seemingly nice old man drugged him?! What had he done to him....? He noticed a big "F" embroidered on the cloth. His head was getting heavy and it was forced back to it's front facing position. For the first time since waking, he tried to scream. But nothing came. He couldn't speak either!

For an hour Bob stood there, unable to move in his glass prison. Panic had left him a bit and he was now focusing on trying his damnedest to move or speak. Suddenly he heard sounds from the front of the store. Again he tried to scream for someone to hear him. But then he wondered if it was the damn Mr. Franz, and anger mixed with fear came over him. He heard the door open to the storeroom and what he saw enter shocked him even beyond his already frozen state....it was Mr. Franz, but he looked huge! It must be the glass tricking his eyes. While he was there, he never took a better look at his surroundings. Now that he was, he noticed everything looked strangely large. Mr. Franz looked his way and gave him his familiar kind smile. "Ah, I see you are up now." he said. He walked a bit closer and was beginning to loom over him now. "Just in time too, as I have a customer that would love a new toy." The old man went back to the door and asked someone to come into the room. Bob couldn't see the door from his position, but heard the conversation...

"My boy can have any one he wants? No strings attached?" he heard a man say. One what?

"Oh yes, they are all up for sale." he heard Mr. Franz reply. "As long as you have the money, he can have whatever he wants."

"It's all here," the strange man replied, "one million. Go on son, look at them and make a decision."

"I trust you had no problem with the containment unit I sold you last week?" came Franz's kindly voice. "You bought the size 12 style so you will want to choose from these ones here."

"Good. What if we decide we don't like that size?" asked the man. "Oh, you can return and we will change the size...for an additional fee of course." the old man assured him. What was happening?! What size? Then the next thing that encompassed Bob's vision made his blood run ice cold...!

You have the following choices:

1. An 8 year old boy chooses you.

2. A 13 year old boy chooses you.

3. You are not chosen.

4. Other...

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 gulliverstoy (UN: gulliverstoy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gulliverstoy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/902300-Puppet-People/cid/673871-A-job-request