*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Testing the Formula
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/235049-Testing-the-Formula
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #933025
Matt invents a shrinking formula. Unfortunately, the antidote doesn't work. Uh-oh!
Chapter #1

Testing the Formula

    by: Caprino
Matt walked in the back door of his home. The 17-year-old high school student tossed his backpack onto the kitchen table.

He had ditched his final class of the day in order to get home before his younger sister, Kellie. He wanted to have some privacy for his experiment.

Matt felt nervous and wiped his sweaty palms on the front of his jeans. All his research appeared about to pay off. He got a bottle of water from the refrigerator and gulped down the refreshing liquid.

The teenager hadn’t shared the nature of his research with anyone else. He wanted to make sure his formula worked before he shared the story of his success.

Matt already suffered from teasing, especially from his kid sister. Kellie always took delight in ridiculing her big brother’s interest in science, making fun of his geeky ways and nerdish behavior.

It didn’t matter. Soon, very soon, Matt told himself, he would get the last laugh.

He took his water and made his way down to the basement. With his parents’ permission, Matt established his own private laboratory in the basement. Matt’s parents felt proud of him, even if they did worry that he spent too much time in his lab rather than socializing with his peers.

Matt logged on to his computer. He saw an e-mail in his Inbox from his best friend. He could not wait to see the look on Andy’s face when he revealed that his formula worked.

Impatient to begin his experiment, he decided not to read Andy’s e-mail. He could read the e-mail later, after conducting his experiment.

Matt moved to a mini-fridge. He opened the door and took out two glass jars. One jar held a red liquid. The other jar held a pale blue liquid.

He placed the jars on a table.

Reaching into his desk drawer, Matt removed a small portable tape recorder. He pressed the RECORD button and placed the recorded on his desk.

“I am proceeding with the experiment. Earlier successes have led me to believe it is time I test the formula on myself.”

He reached for the jar with the red liquid. He tilted the glass back and quickly chugged the contents.

“If I am correct, I should feel the effects begin almost...”

Matt stumbled. He felt very strange. The room started spinning until everything became a blur of color. He experienced the sensation of falling before everything faded to black.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Caprino (UN: caprino at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Caprino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/235049-Testing-the-Formula