*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261053-Hocus-Pocus
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2261053
Just a paragraph I did for Halloween 2021
                                                            Hocus Pocus!                              October 27, 2021


         Alas, gone is the folklore and the days of old. Then, I imagined three blind witches surrounded a cauldron on a crisp, foggy October night. While an owl ‘Hooted’ from way up high, five bats flew across the sky. The witches chanted, “Double Double Toil and Trouble, Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble.” All the while, they’re brewing an effervescence of green , bubbly goo. Surprisingly, they added an eye of a newt, some hair from a hog, a tail from a rat, and the tongue from a dog. It smelled putrid! However, in the twenty-first century you no longer need to inherit your grandmother’s ‘Book of Shadows’ or been born the seventh son from a seventh son. You can visit an occult shop or go online because there you can buy whatever you need– even the cauldron and the brew. Conceivably, capitalism knows no boundary-everything has a price!
© Copyright 2021 BoB_618 (rah618 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261053-Hocus-Pocus