*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Meeting
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1926844-Shadow-Swap/cid/1562887-The-Meeting
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1926844
You become host to an shadowy entity that has the power to swap body parts around.
Chapter #1

The Meeting

    by: Quicksilver
You wake up to the buzzing of your alarm clock and groggily roll out of bed. At takes you a minute to get your bearings. Generally you aren't much of a morning person. At length you get up and start stumbling across your room. You slowly to walk across your small apartment to your bathroom and splash some water on your face in an effort to wake up. You look up at yourself in the mirror. Your vision is still a bit blurry from just waking up.

As your vision slowly clears you notice something strange behind you. It is a dark shadow of some sort. You suspect that you are still just tired. You rub your eyes to clear them out. You take another look and are surprised to see it is still there. It is translucent and floating in the air behind you. You spin around on your feet suddenly quite awake.

"Shit!" you exclaim and nearly fall over in the bathroom. You back away from from the strange shadow. It almost looks like a cloud of black smoke. However it is just floating there rather than spreading out.

Your eyes are wide and you stare at it curiously. Your first thought is that something is burning in your house. You look around for the source but don't see anything. Without warning the cloud rushes toward you. You back away further and trip over your toilet. You tumble backward into your tub and hit your head.

You are stunned and just stare at the ceiling. The shock of your fall makes you forget all about what you saw earlier, at least until it flows into the space in front of you. It flows and moves like it has a mind of its own. You watch it in terror as it then rushes toward your face. It forces itself over your face and into your mouth and nose. You feel like you are being smothered.

Your vision starts to fade. The last thing you remember is feeling like there was something else with you now before you black out.

Now what?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Quicksilver (UN: quicksilvertg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quicksilver has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1926844-Shadow-Swap/cid/1562887-The-Meeting