*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Atlas City Stories
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2147044-Shrunk-in-Atlas-City/cid/2444861-Atlas-City-Stories
by Icarus
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #2147044
If you thought Atlas City was big before, just wait until you shrink. (Original Setting)
Chapter #1

Atlas City Stories

    by: Icarus
Late Spring, Summer's just around the corner. You, Nick Lewis, were working with a group of students in the science lab after school. It was Friday night, and normally you'd have a multitude of better things to do, but when a couple of pals in on the project told you what they were up to, it sounded too good to pass up.

You weren't one of the smarter teens there, so you were relegated to acting as an assistant, fetching tools and equipment and whatever those doing the actual science needed. Apparently, one of the guys there had a big ground-breaking scientist father who accidentally left some notes out on an interesting new serum.

Supposedly, according to the notes, pouring the concoction over human skin should cause the cells to bunch closer together, hardening the skin into its own near-bulletproof armor. Sean, the scientist's son, did his best to quickly copy as much of the notes down as he could, and collect some of the materials from home and smuggle them into school. It's a miracle he didn't get caught, and now here you all are.

All in all there's about twelve of you in on this. Sean told a friend, who told a friend or two, who told a friend, and so on until you got to where you are. Seven boys and five girls, all excited to see if everyone here can contribute to create this miracle serum.

What none of you knew, however, is that due to a large number of reasons, you all got the serum very, very wrong. Some of the notes were sloppily taken, some numbers were written incorrectly, some people couldn't quite read the handwriting correctly, someone got their math off, someone used the wrong temperature, someone didn't measure quite right. It was a perfect storm of mistakes to create an incredible, yet terrible outcome. If anyone had done just one more thing right or just one more thing wrong, it would have been a simple failure. But no, as if a higher power demanded it, you all screwed up just right.

In the final stages of creating the serum, the mixture got too heated and started to bubble and rattle the glass it was being heated in. Briana, one of the girls there, tried to quickly shut off the heat, but it was far too late.

CRACK

The glass exploded and mixture splashed over everyone. Everyone rushed to the emergency chemical showers, quickly rinsing off the mixture. But it was too late. The new serum, accidentally created by all of you, already soaked into your skin and began its work. Rather than hardening your skin, it would condense your cells and cause each and every one of you to shrink down to just a couple of inches tall.

But how fast-acting was your new serum? When and where do you, Nick Lewis, shrink?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Icarus (UN: philiputian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Icarus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2147044-Shrunk-in-Atlas-City/cid/2444861-Atlas-City-Stories