*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2203788-The-Burgeoning-Book/cid/2773654-lets-Jessica-go-with-a-shrug
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #2203788
Nondescript high school girls growing larger and more beautiful than those who taunt them
This choice: ...lets Jessica go with a shrug  •  Go Back...
Chapter #9

...lets Jessica go with a shrug

    by: The Martian
As Jessica turned to leave Kat's hand came up almost involuntarily, reaching for her friend to make her stay. Kat wanted to share the book with Jess, wanted to share its powers and let her friend have the same benefits that she was experiencing. That was the good friend in her, wanting the best for the people she cared about.

Another voice in Kat's head disagreed though. The compassionate side of her wanted to help her friend right away, but the dispassionate side advised her to wait. Cold logic told her she still knew almost nothing about the book or its powers and she could do a lot of harm in her ignorance. She'd been lucky so far. Apparently magic was real and it was making her beautiful but how did it work? She really had no idea.

What if it wasn't just reading the stories but also sleeping in the same room as the book that was making her grow? She'd have to take it to school and lend it to Jess overnight. It wouldn't be safe. It would be in her locker where Angelica or some other bully could steal it. What if Jess got addicted to its power and never gave it back?

What if the book only recognised one owner at a time and as long as it was changing Kat it wouldn't work for Jess? It would seem like a cruel trick to Jess. Kat would 'reveal' the source of all of her wonderful improvements and give Jess hope that she could change too only to crush that hope immediately when it didn't work. She would think Kat was naturally blessed and making up nonsense just to make fun of her.

Or worse still, what if as soon as Jess read a story from it the book's power transferred to her and all of Kat's changes stopped? Then she could only watch Jess growing taller, bustier and more beautiful every day while she stayed as she was right now suffering with the knowledge that she'd had everything she'd ever wanted and foolishly lost it forever.

On top of all of that, even if it did work for Jess the way she hoped it would look pretty suspicious to anyone at school. Kat was short, plain, flat and generally unattractive and all of a sudden she starts the world's greatest growth spurt and only a few days later her equally unattractive best friend also begins developing into a stunning beauty. No one would buy that as a coincidence. One girl growing up nicely was good genetics but hotness wasn't transferable through the bonds of friendship. Anyone who noticed both of them changing would come looking for the source. Kat knew there was some kind of mind-affecting power that suppressed concerns over the book's changes but it had to have its limits.

That was another thing, both her mother and Jess and even Vanessa had commented on some of Kat's enhancements over the past few days so she knew they were seeing her as she was, but neither seemed to think anything was strange, so perhaps they didn't remember her as she used to be. What if she didn't notice Jess' changes? What if she lent Jess the book and then couldn't see anything different about her? Or worse, what if she lent Jess the book and its power to make others accept its changes made Kat forget about the book itself altogether?

All of these thoughts and worries swirled around Kat's mind in the few seconds it took Jess to cross her room to the door where she stopped and turned around.
"Oh, uh sure. I thought maybe reading a story together would help cheer you up. Some other time then." Kat mumbled, lowering her hand. She gave her friend a little smile of encouragement which turned up the corners of Jess' mouth if nothing else.
"Yeah, thanks, another time," Jessica replied and left the room with a wave of her hand.

Kat turned back to the book on her desk. She had wanted to share the book's power with Jess to protect her from the bullies too, but if she couldn't do that then Kat would have to protect her friend herself. Defying Angelica had seemed to work at least a little when she'd stood up to her earlier but she'd only switched targets to Jess. That only meant Kat had to make it clear that Jess was off limits too.

There was another rule of social warfare that could help her with that. Hot girls were allowed to have less attractive friends and they formed cliques around themselves. The leader of one clique didn't pick on the followers in another clique. It was like admitting they couldn't win against the leader of the rival group and had to go for an easier target. If Kat could make it clear to Angelica that Jess was with her then Angelica would have to stop picking on Jess and focus all of her attention on Kat or she would lose face.

Kat could hardly believe she was about to bring down even more heat from the queen of the school onto herself but if she couldn't directly help her best friend with the book then she would have to do it indirectly. Kat's own defence against Angelica would be her ever-improving face and figure and eventually she hoped she would equal and then beat the hottest girl in school at her own game.

With that in mind, Kat picked up the book again and chose the next story.

Rebecca's Resplendent Rear

Rebecca rarely reveled in the regal rondure of her resplendent rear. She was really rather reticent and regularly relaxed reflectively as a relative recluse. Rumours roamed though, and one day a royal retainer rang the bell at her residence...


The story described the prince having dispatched servants to every village seeking to track down the girl with the finest rear end in all the land, summoning them to the castle for a ball, Cinderella style.

Kat ran a hand over her flat backside and wondered what it was like to have a proper popping bubble butt. Hopefully she would soon find out but even as quick as the book seemed to work its magic nothing was going to happen straight away. Her talk with Jess, brief as it had been, was emotionally draining and after a quiet dinner with her Mom she went almost straight to sleep.

***


Mornings were quickly becoming Kat's favorite part of the day because they always brought the biggest changes. She couldn't tell if it was because the time she was asleep made hours of changes seem to appear immediately or whether being asleep let her body focus on growing and she actually did change more overnight but either way the results were obvious.

Maybe because her legs were now lengthening alongside her height itself, Kat discovered she was a full half inch taller than before, meaning her growth rate had effectively doubled. The excitement at the thought she might reach her ideal height even faster now made her do a little dance which only served to highlight a few more things.

Her magnificent hair, now almost down to her waist and so thick she could lose an arm in it flew out in a wave of shimmering fiery curls as she spun. Her legs seemed to be a little more toned but as a ballerina-in-training she also noticed feeling slightly more balanced and graceful. This was good as for the very first time in her life there was a weight on her chest which affected her center of gravity and didn't entirely stop moving when she did. Bringing her hands up to cup the perky little breasts which projected from her chest in an unfamiliar but extremely pleasant way, Kat grinned broadly and willed the tiny mounds to grow into giant mountains to put the small hills of all of her rivals to shame.

The mirror showed improved facial features, still recognisably hers but more refined. Eyes brighter and wider, nose smaller and slimmer, skin smoother, cheekbones higher, teeth more straight and lips more plump. Alone each trait had barely changed but put together they made Kat a noticeably prettier girl than even just yesterday. Finally she ran questing hands around her hips and over her flat backside and for once there was something pushing them outwards. It was barely there, but there was cushioning flesh where there had been none before. The book was doing its work and Kat couldn't suppress a giggle of delight which rang out across her room clear as a bell.

It was time for school and there was only one thing on Kat's mind besides her changes. How was she going to deal with Angelica?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Martian (UN: floogenban at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HikerAngel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2203788-The-Burgeoning-Book/cid/2773654-lets-Jessica-go-with-a-shrug