A little bit of spice to flavor the pot.
Sunday- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Someone suggested that we could use one of the giant meatballs like a tire and roll it down the street. This got done by hollowing out the middle, with the help of hungry canines and resourceful children. Once we had a giant spaghetti donut hole, we tested it out to see if it was possible. For a couple blocks it did, before totaling Ms. Linguini’s fence and falling sideways in her pool of marinara sauce. Some of us used the giant noodles for floaties under the irate gaze of our neighbor.
Monday- Potatoes w/butter
- The best I can describe it was sinking into a bean bag you could eat. You could sink right through to the ground if it was big enough. The kids liked jumping into it from above, which caused some concern among watching adults. The butter made a good slip and slide too. If you didn’t slide into something solid. Ouch!
Tuesday- Cherry Limeade Rain & Cheese Bread Hail
- One of my favorite days, a double win. Cheese bread is truly a gift from above. There were quite a few satiated people lying about that day. The cheese bread made lovely couches to bask on. Rain couldn’t be more delicious. There were many, young and old alike that got a pink tint to their skin. A few grumpy adults that weren’t amused by it and people made sure not to wear white that day if at all possible.
Wednesday- Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower
- Some days the universe hates you. This seemed to be one of those days. The younger kids liked making cauliflower men, some were a bit disappointed to find out it wasn’t snow they were playing in. Brussels sprouts, what good have they ever done? The most they were good for was launching them from catapults at opposite ends of the street.
- Many a numb tongue that day. I myself had barely gotten a 1/3 of the way through my candy cane when I had to call it quits. I was stained red and white from my efforts. I had to eventually give up and go home and recover from peppermint over load. I gradually recovered while lying on a peppermint patty, with the occasional nibble here and there.
Friday- Maple Syrup
- What a day for the wind to kick in. You wouldn’t believe the chaos it caused. The clothes that were sacrificed that day. The confusion and concern with unsticking things and people that were meant to stuck together. I myself ended up stuck to the road when a particularly strong wind blew and caused me to lose balance. The good news is, I was laying on my back. The bad news was I was stuck there a while. Ew! I think I got syrup where it was never meant to be. Not my best day ever.
Saturday- Marsh mellows
- As it turns out, they make good fort building material. For the adventurous soul, you might enjoy using it as a make shift sled. They are also good for arts and crafts as well. All in all, not too bad a week. Can’t wait to see what happens next week.