*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006869-Stuck-in-the-Mind
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1006869 added March 22, 2021 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
Stuck in the Mind
Write about your earliest memory. Try to describe it in as much detail as possible.


signature dancing owl *News*


I have lots of early memories. Most of them center around the house I lived in when I was one to three years old. Maybe older I'm not sure. I would not begin to know which memory was the earliest. Each memory seems to center around something that was happening at the time. And, each memory has my Mom in it.

One day, I asked my dad about the floor plan of that house. He was surprised I remembered it. I guess he built it with my Grandfather. I drew what I remembered on a piece of paper and he corrected it. I drew boxes of each room. Dad drew a rectangle and showed me where the partitions were. Now, I have a complete idea of what the floor plan of that house looked like.

I also remember looking out windows on each side of the house. I remember that the back of the house had a cleared area not very wide and then wild grasses and brush, My brother was warned about rattle snakes at the back of the house? I wonder if he remembers that?

From the living room I could see what seems to me a long cleared area, Then, a road, and across the road, the house my aunt and her children lived in. To the left of my view of the front yard was a house my grandparents lived in. To the right of my view was a lot of land. I could see another small house down the road on the same side as my aunts house. Understand these views are from a very small child. Who knows if a lot of land was 20 feet, an acre or 10 acres? I remember sand but, not a lost of lawn grass. It was Florida.

I remember a vehicle but not a driveway.

Memories from this long ago are interesting. Like the house drawing I wonder what is omitted?

© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006869-Stuck-in-the-Mind