*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/300691-Check-In
by Diane
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #874207
Share the highs and lows with one Convention 2004 attendee.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#300691 added August 2, 2004 at 10:32pm
Restrictions: None
Check In
Check In


It was a dark and stormy night, the conventioneers were lined up in front of The StoryMaster . The group looked nervously at each other. The master of stories peered into the eyes of the woman in front of him. "Whoa! Have we met?" he asked.

"Shut up," she responded. The The StoryMistress pushed past him and took her seat next to her mother, catwoman .

Catwoman laughed at her daughter and soon to be son-in-law. She shook her head and then looked up at the woman standing in front of her. She was an ordinary looking woman, unremarkable with the exception of her huge booty. Catwoman tore her gaze away from the distracting bubble butt, wondering how it stayed so firm despite the owner jiggling from foot to foot.

She pasted a smile on her face, peered up into the woman, and said, "Hi. Sign in here." She pushed the sign in sheet toward the woman and peered over her glasses to see the signature. Diane signed her name, wondering if Catwoman would remember her from Convention 2003.

Catwoman looked at the signature and smiled. "Hi Diane! It's good to see you again!" She handed Diane her identification badge and bag of goodies.

Diane realized there was a line forming behind her so she moved into the crowd, allowing another to meet catwoman and collect his goodies. She was hungry and made a beeline to the snacks on the back table. Before she could get to the table, she was intercepted by a woman screaming, "DIANE, DIANE, DIANE, DIANE!"

Confused, she peered at the nametag and all became clear. "Mia!" she yelled, distracted from the platters of fruit and cheese on the back table.

She hugged elizm446, delighted to finally put a face with her fellow scroll dweller. Mia wasted no time with small talk, "Where is my Corona?" she asked, face devoid of expression.

Diane quaked, it was in the car but would Mia accept that answer? Mia was fun on scroll but she looked pretty serious in person. Diane squeaked, "It's in the car. I couldn't carry everything in….I'll go get it."

Her hands trembled as Mia advanced. "You don't have to get it now!" Mia laughed. Then she pounced, hugging Diane. Diane relaxed and smiled. This was the Mia she expected. Confrontation over, she once again headed for the food. It was a long drive and she was starving. At the table, she reached for the appetizer plates but before her hand touched the plate, she heard a voice behind her.

"Diane!" Melissa is fashionably late! grabbed her from behind and swung her around.

Thoughts of food forgotten yet again, Diane returned the hug. They were roommates for the 2003 Convention and had been waiting for this reunion for over a year. They made small talk for a moment about the trip to the Convention until interrupted by The StoryMaster .

"Whoa! Diane! Good to see you." SM smiled and gave her a hug.

Diane was elated he remembered her. She looked around for The StoryMistress after she hugged SM, not wanting to be tackled from behind for hugging her man. The coast was clear so she relaxed and enjoyed some conversation. Eventually she made it to the food and grabbed a snack.

Before she could fill her plate, SMs walked up and gave her a hug. Diane felt the joy bubble up inside, her worries over, she felt welcomed. Smiling, she turned and picked up her plate of food. This was going to be a good time.
© Copyright 2004 Diane (UN: sgambill72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Diane has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/300691-Check-In