*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/318512-SNOW
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#318512 added December 17, 2004 at 9:37pm
Restrictions: None
SNOW?????
I live in Alabama about 2 hours below Atlanta. We get snow about every 3-4 years if we are lucky.. It may snow this weekend. They always say a chance of flurries but don't nothing will stick--- but it does. That has happened 2 or 3 times. I think thay just don't want to get our hopes up. Even my 10 year old when he heard the weather man say " Only flurries .." said, " That's what they said last time and it snowed alot!"

My first time seeing snow was once when it snowed 3feet which is unheard of around here. They were not expecting it and we rode the bus. By the time we got to school ( and hour and a half ride) there was snow on the ground. I remember getting off the bus ( At the school I teach at now) and walking across the snow. Then in our first grade room we stood in chairs and watched it fall for a couple of hours before they sent us back home. By the time we got home it was already up to my knees. I told my students exactly the classroom and how it looked on the playground -- just as it happened yesterday. It is neat remembering things when you teach at the school you attended. The funny thing was my cousins lived in Atlanta and used to always get snow and brag. They did not get snow that time and couldn't believe it. They came and played with us for the week. It was a fun time in my life. Sledding and snowmen and icees. My poor sister growning up everytime it snowed she was sick and couldn't go out. Once she had stitches-- then next time it was chicken poxes and then the flu. It is a joke to this day that when it snows we say Jenn is going to be sick. She didn't play in the snow until she was in middle school and even then I think she had an ear infection but Mom said it was ok as long as seh felt like it she could play.
© Copyright 2004 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/318512-SNOW