*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/330503-Facts--Part-I
Rated: GC · Book · Emotional · #594306
My life is about as interesting as the next person's.
#330503 added February 24, 2005 at 8:30pm
Restrictions: None
Facts Part I
Current Mood: fine

Current Music: Fork in the Road - Lillix

Interesting Facts

Did you know if you have a mosquito bite and you rub a banana peel on it it is supposed to stop irratation?

There more then 300 accidents in Britain that were banana related.

Apples wake you up more than caffeine.

The longest word you can type on the first row of letters on the keyboard is "typewriter."

The longest one syllable word is screeched.

In Kentucky it's illegal to carry ice cream in your back pocket.

Iceland had had only one armed robbery.

Firday the 13th was started in Egypt because the plague when God took all the first born sons was Friday the 13th.

Did you know that it is impossible to lick your elbow?

And 75% of people who read this will try!!

October 5th is the most birthday-had day of the year for Americans.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe and the biran fguiers it out aynawy. :)

Sinistrophobia is the fear of left-handedness or things to the left side of the body.

Everyday more money is printed for Monopoly than the US treasury.

The average person has a total of 6 lbs of skin.

For nightvision like an owl, you would need eyes the size of a grapefruit.

In Atlanta, it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.

Garfeild County in Washington is the only county in the U.S with no stoplight.


Sawney Beane, his wife, 8 sons, 6 daughters, and 32 grandchildren were a family of cannibals that lived in the caves near Galloway, Scotland in the early 17th Century. Although the total number is not known, it is believed they claimed over 50 victims per year. The entire family was taken by an army detachment to Edinburgh and executed, apparently without trial.

A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.

Almonds are a member of the peach family.

Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

Butterflies taste with their feet.

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.


I haven't verified these things . . . just found them on a site. But I think some are very fascinating. (I tried licking my elbow :))



--------------------------------------------

Good fences make good neighbors.

© Copyright 2005 Yours Truly (UN: burnt_ashes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yours Truly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/330503-Facts--Part-I