*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333483-Two-days-of-slow-writing-and-a-film-review
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #933561
I have a few things to say and I am gonna say them here ...
#333483 added March 8, 2005 at 4:54am
Restrictions: None
Two days of slow writing and a film review
I am just managing to meet my targets since the last two days. Anyone here who sees Hindi movies? If yes, please don't miss this great movie called "Black". It is loosely based on the life story of Helen Keller. The heroine is a deaf-mute blind girl who is being played by an actress named Rani Mukherjee. She has a teacher who is played by Mr. Amitabh Bachchan. I am sure everyone knows who HE is! The duo have acted marvellously. It is a story of joy and a story of sorrow, a story of victories and defeats, a story of pass and fail - in short, a must see. I saw it with my family on Sunday evening in a theatre. I tell you, it is incredibly well done.

The movie opens with the teacher lost in a world where there are no words, no knowledge and no truths. He is old, doddering, and suffering from advanced Alzheimer's disease. Rani, his ex-student, begins to train him to re-recognise the world around him, and in the process, she remembers her own childhood, where she had been struggling to comprehend the world. The journey is really well depicted and the director, Mr. Sanjay Leela Bhansali deserves kudos.

© Copyright 2005 Dr Taher writes again! (UN: drtaher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Taher writes again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333483-Two-days-of-slow-writing-and-a-film-review