*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475747-A-Most-Joyful-Holiday-Season
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #1031057
My thoughts on everything from albacore tuna to zebras
#475747 added December 17, 2006 at 7:10pm
Restrictions: None
A Most Joyful Holiday Season
Kranich’s Jewelers
Logan Valley Mall
Altoona, PA 16602


Attn: Michael Kranich Sr.
Charles Kranich
Michael Kranich, Jr.



Gentlemen:


         On December 13th, our son, Michael Segal was getting ready to go to work. He slipped on the bathroom floor and fell, knocking himself unconscious for what we believe was at least several hours. Michael lives alone. He is an employee of your company and works at your Johnstown Galleria Mall store. When Michael didn’t show up for work, his fellow employees became concerned. They knew that he was always punctual and if he were going to be late he would have called. After repeated attempts to contact him on his phone failed, (Michael later said there were 23 missed calls on his cell phone) they phoned the Ebensburg Borough police who immediately dispatched an officer to check on him. Finding the doors locked and getting no response, the officer called Michael’s mom in Harrisburg to find out if there was another way inside the house. I was out of town so my wife phoned me. While the police were attempting to gain access, Michael’s mom continued to call his cell phone. Finally a very confused and shaken Michael answered and his mom told him to let the police in. After striking his head in the fall Michael had passed out on the floor. He had two cuts on his head that required stitches. The local ambulance transported him to the hospital, where again his fellow employees made sure he had someone with him and a ride home. My wife and I arrived the next morning.

         We are extremely grateful that your employees took the time to help Michael when he needed help. Their concern, and willingness to act on that concern, set in to motion the help that Michael needed. Michael is lucky that his fall did not result in any more serious injury than what it did. The outcome could have been much worse. He is also lucky to work with caring people who took the time to make sure he was all right.

         It is all too easy in today’s society to get wrapped up in living our own lives and not take the time to reach out a hand to someone in need. During this holiday season your employee’s concern and ultimately their actions go a long way to reinforcing a basic premise of humanity. We should all take the time to help each other and watch out for each other..

          As an employer you should be very proud of your Johnstown store staff. Their actions reflect positively on themselves as well as on you and set an example we would all do well to follow. My wife and I are extremely thankful they took the time to help Michael. We hope that all the employees of Kranich’s have a safe and joyous holiday season. We will have an especially happy one having Michael here to share it with us.

Sincerely,


Joseph R. & Linda A. Umholtz

© Copyright 2006 Rasputin (UN: joeumholtz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rasputin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475747-A-Most-Joyful-Holiday-Season