*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507314-Howdy-Yall
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#507314 added May 9, 2007 at 5:47pm
Restrictions: None
Howdy Y'all
May 9, 2007

OK...testing went fairly well. I scored high enough to take college level English and Reading classes (thank God or I might have to reconsider my line of study) and have to take a Basic Algebra course before I can take the required Intermediate Algebra course for my line of study....I'm taking a 2 year liberal arts degree with an English concentration-I'm not sure what I want to do when I finish..I'd like to continue on to a four year degree..but i don't know if I"ll be able to afford it...am leaving that in God's hands....I want to write...I need to write..and I'd like a career that coinsides with my calling to write. Ivy Tech is a 2 year college..and we qualify for financial aid..so no loans..at least this coming school year....I start in August.

Now, onto my question yesterday of what did YOU want to be when you grew up.  I enjoyed the few responses I got..and hope a few more will pop in today with answers..just cause I'm nosy and would like to know...lol

I can't remember a time while growing up that I didn't want to be a special education teacher. My mom told me such stories of her life in a school for the handicapped it just made me want to make a difference..heck I wanted to go there myself..till I found out even the high school students had nap time. My mom studied regular classes...and was a member of a group called Happy Hoboes and Sad Sacks..I think it was a musical group but I can't remember. Anyway...all the way up through high school-and even the year I was in college.....I wanted to be a special education teacher...then I realized I didn't want to spend the rest of my life in a classroom...and that kind of changed..but I had no real direction. Up until this year...all I could tell you was that I wanted to be a mom and stay home with my kids..and that I want to make a difference..a measurable difference...in our world. I'm hoping that going back to school will give me the knowledge and the education to do both. I have loved being home with my kids...when I worked I hated it..and I cried when I drove home because I was so unhappy..I did it..because we needed the money and I felt God had led me to that job..and I was staying until He led me away...thankfully a year and a half later.

With Mother's Day coming up...I've been reflecting that direction too...as a matter of fact I wrote (and linked here ) a piece a couple of weeks ago called "Invalid Item.  Last week I shared it with my Mom's group at church... a first for me to share my writing with those not involved here...or VERY close to me personally..and I do mean VERY close. They seemed to like it..and one of them said she hoped I planned to give it to my mom on Mother's Day...I wish I could. I know she's already heard it/seen it..etc..but I'd like to see her face knowing how much of an impact she's made on my life and how much like her I want to be.

My mom wrote too...maybe I need to get a copy of her story from my sister, make some changes, and try once again to get it published for her...she tried once and gave up...hmmmm....will have to pray on that one.

Ok, am getting a bit melancholy so I"m gonna go get busy doing other things. For those who have recently lost their mom's...such as wayfarerjon or those like me for whom it hasn't been so very recently but hurts none the less...please say a prayer. Then, even if you aren't close to your mom, she's gone, or whatever...celebrate Mother's day for all those women in your life who have made an impact...

Now I'm done preaching too....lol

blessings and hugs
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507314-Howdy-Yall