*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521556-Mondayyippee
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#521556 added July 16, 2007 at 8:18am
Restrictions: None
Monday....yippee!
As I said, speaking in church was an experience, as usual. In the first service, I guess I sped through the sermon. The praise team was not prepared for that *Bigsmile* so our service ended up being only about 45 minutes. They got to go home early.

In the second service, I was a bit more at ease and didn't rush. And the praise team added some songs, so the service lasted an hour.

The pastor had already warned those of us who are working on the ARKAlmighty program (my sermon topic) that some would not embrace it as excitedly as we did. Sure enough, there were two folks in the early service who started scowling after the video clip explaining ARKAlmighty. At least I think that's when they started with the faces. Someone else suggested that some folks just aren't happy when the pastor isn't there, so maybe that's why they were scowling. Well, maybe.

Anyway...when I spoke at the second service I made everyone practice smiling at me first, 'cause it's really intimidating to have folks frown or scowl at you when you speak. *Smile*

Each person who came up to me afterward (both services) was very kind.

In my message, I said that I am not a professional speaker. I admitted that I sometimes forget the things I learned at some public speaking classes I've had. I shared that I have had some Toastmaster folks come up to me after speaking and offer suggestions. The thing is, though, when you're supposed to speak for the Lord - if you let Him - He pretty much directs the whole thing.

Sure enough, though, after the second service one of our members came up and told me that she IS a professional speaker. She also said that she could forgive me for my speaking errors because she knew my heart was in the right place. I guess that's a good thing. *Smile*

When I shut down the computer at about 6 p.m. last night, I crawled into bed under the covers, thinking I would watch the news with hubby. Well, that didn't work real well. I did fall asleep.

I sort of remember him asking me if Derek was working at about 8ish. I responded in the negative and went back to sleep. The next time I looked at the clock, it was 1:30 a.m. I thought about getting up, but didn't. I looked at the clock again at about 3:30 and then again about 6:40 and decided to get up. So, I've had plenty of sleep!

Perhaps I'll make another entry later. Perhaps not.


Oooooooooppppppppsssssssss. As I was reading hubby's blog "Our Fibromyalgia Blog Book I realized I forgot to mention that I also took a nap Sunday afternoon from about 1:30 to 3 p.m. Lots of sleep. But I could probably go to sleep again and sleep the rest of the day away.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521556-Mondayyippee