*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522282-Okay-heres-the-deal
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#522282 added July 19, 2007 at 9:20am
Restrictions: None
Okay, here's the deal...
I write, you read and comment and that's how we know we're communicating. Get it? *Bigsmile*

Sometimes when I visit other blogs, I'm amazed at the number of comments received. Of course, they're usually not writing about the same kinds of things. One blogger discovered that mentioning bad words got more views and more comments. Well, I'm not going to do that.

I did have to wonder if anyone read the entry I made a while ago with the pictures of the float our church entered in the July 4th parade. "July 4th parade pictures

Oh, I'm not doing that badly on the number of views. I know that. In fact, as I'm typing this, I can see that I have had 5,297 views. That's not so shabby, especially since I didn't start blogging until last September. What's really fun is that I have almost caught up to hubby's fibro blog. His has 5,321 views at the moment, and he started it in November, 2005. If you check out the list of 100 most viewed blogs, we're now #58 and #59. *Smile* Our buddy Budroe is #41 this morning with 7,457 views.

Okay. On to more important things. *Laugh*

I got my Reader's Digest a day or so ago. My mom used to make sure my sisters and I all had that as one of our Christmas gifts. Last year, my sister Karen (who now watches over Mom and has her in an assisted living center near her house) continued the trend of sending a gift subscription to each of us.

*Star*Did you know that Reader's Digest has a joke contest? This month, they've asked that jokesters finish this joke: A carrot walks into a salad bar and says... If you're good at making up jokes, you should send your joke to comedy@rd.com - subject: August. Hey, if you win you'll get $100. Wish I could be funny...

*Star*Did you know that, "Moms whose preschoolers don't sleep well are in worse physical and mental health than other moms. Dads, on the other hand, are blissfully unaffected." So says RD. Well, duh. I hope someone didn't spend a bundle of money to figure that one out. *Laugh*

Love quotes? I know I do. How about this one...

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. ~ Scott Adams


Here are some scary quotations from a Reader's Digest article called "Super Deadly Bugs."

         "People are bent out of shape about bird flu, but CA-MRSA is here,          second only to HIV as a public health threat."

         "A child can be playing with his toys in the morning and be dead from          infection by bedtime that night."


That's scary. CA-MRSA stands for community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.

Here's the link to the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's information about CA-MRSA.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/ar_mrsa_ca_public.html#6

And here's the Reader's Digest story link: http://www.rd.com/content/methicillin-resistant-staphylococcus-aureus/1/

From Dr. Mercola's latest newsletter:

Your Family Could Be Eating Organic Food for the Same Price as Processed Foods -- or Less http://www.mercola.com/2005/feb/16/organic_food.htm

How to Shop for the Right Food in Your Regular Grocery Store in 10 Easy Steps http://www.mercola.com/2004/jan/31/healthy_groceries.htm

$75,000 Offered for MD to Publicly Drink Vaccine Additives http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/07/19/75-000-offered-for...

In case you didn't know, those additives can include: Thimerosal (a mercury derivative), Ethylene glycol (antifreeze), Phenol (a disinfectant dye), Aluminum, Benzethonium chloride (a disinfectant), Formaldehyde (a preservative and disinfectant).

I guess that's one reason my youngest sister refused to have her kids vaccinated. You can do that, you know. You just have to sign forms with your children's schools.


Let's see...

Oh yeah, here are a few more of my favorite WDC folks:

Nada
PastVoices
vivacious
PlannerDan
windac
Joy





© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522282-Okay-heres-the-deal