*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523990-Doggone-it-I-miss-that-blog
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#523990 added July 27, 2007 at 2:42am
Restrictions: None
Doggone it, I miss that blog!
You know which one I mean? The one that was always soooooooooo inspiring to me. She's quite a fighter, that one. Reading about her fight always made me realize that my own pains and illness were really nothing compared to hers. Grrr. Come back, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease. Now that we know how mean and rotten people can be to you, we'll try to protect you. Won't we people? Won't we??????!!!!

Remember how in the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy clicked her ruby shoes together to get back home? Think that would work? We could try... Ready, click your heels together. "There's no one like you know who, there's no one like you know who."

Or...remember how in Peter Pan, kids were urged to clap to get Tinkerbell to appear? (That was it, right?) We could try that. Okay, ready, set, go. Are you clapping?

Or...maybe we could....I know! Say it with me, "Star light, start bright. First start I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight."

Or, better still we could pray.

But, no. None of that is going to work. Our friend is way too fragile to survive the negatives around here. She needs our prayers, of course. She may be in remission now, but we need to pray for a huge God miracle for her.

I surely have been blind to things that happen here. Really. A few months ago, I encountered two writers who used to be here. One was here as long or longer than me. The other was only here for about....maybe 6 or 8 months. Both of them are happily sharing their works of heart at another writer's site. Both of them told me that they left here because of the cliques.

"Cliques?" I asked. "What cliques?"

Each one told me about being shown the door by some really mean blue case persons. (One of them had been a blue case writer too.)

Of course I just poo-pooed the idea that there were cliques or mean blue cases. Psssshhhhaw. Not here at good 'ol WDC. No sirrree bob. (As someone in my family used to say.)

Then I remembered a few other people who have gone from here whose "real" email addresses I had. There were about 3 or 4 of those people with whom I corresponded after they left here. A few of them mentioned cliques too, but I had ignored their comments. One of these disgruntled ex-WDCers called those who made his life miserable before leaving the BCWs (Blue Case Wonders). *Laugh* One said he had been dumped out of here for some really petty reason and I could not believe what he was saying was true. He must have done something worse than that...

But now? I'm not so sure. There surely are cliques. There surely are people who can - and do - make life miserable for those who....what? Don't conform to their way of thinking? Don't bow down at their feet? Or those who defend persons who were wronged?

Seriously. Remember how happy David McClain was about being on Center Stage. And then.....poof.......he's not there anymore. Here's what he said about that. "Invalid Entry Did his writing suddenly go from being good to being bad? Nah. He made someone mad. Go figure. Let's see... Is this a writing site, where folks go to learn about writing or a place to go to be in popularity contests? Hmmm.

I've been pondering this a bunch, as my blog entries show. *Laugh* I guess this Pollyanna (as my sisters call me...that and the Ms. Merry Sunshine label I admit to) wears those rose-tinted glasses waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. I just don't see the bad stuff happening all around me. Usually. But my blinders have been lifted and what I'm seeing is really ugly. Yucky. Ewwwwwwwww. Stinky too. *Sick*

Since I became a blue case myself (which seems like forever ago), I've had black and yellows write to me and tell me what a nice blue I was compared to some others. I thought they were exaggerating about the others. Now, you know, I'm just not so sure.

I used to be proud of WDC and of being a blue. But these days, not so much.

Well, I'll ponder all of this later. Perhaps after sleeping the world will look bright and sunny once more.

Meanwhile...

I've heard that she's still fighting....today...and she'll be fighting tomorrow...and the next day, and the next, and the next....



This just in from Jem. I don't know how long it will be available. "Invalid Entry This entry names names and gives details, so it might disappear. Probably will. She and Raven are leaving for sure now, I guess. That's probably the right thing to do. Raven DOES NOT need to be around such negatives. She needs positives. Well, I'll miss her and her inspiration. Bunches.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523990-Doggone-it-I-miss-that-blog