*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/561030-Its-been-six-years
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#561030 added January 14, 2008 at 7:54pm
Restrictions: None
It's been six years
Jan 14, 2008

Six years ago today, my dad died. Five years ago today, a good friend of mine also lost her dad....bonding us together in a crazy world of grief..where-even though we both have siblings...that loss was different for them, and similar for us.  Going into the funeral home for her dad's visitation, so shortly after my dad's (and my mom's) was one of the hardest things I had to do emotionally.  But I went. 

Each year, one of us calls the other for support. This year seems to be tougher than most for her...her older brother is in Iraq..and not there to lean on ..and adds to the stress and the worries even more.  Please say a prayer for her and her family.

Last year was hard for me..maybe the 5 year mark??? Last year I wroter
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1201591 by Not Available.
.  This year, while I have noticed the date and thought of my dad many times..and am noticably more irritable...it's been a crazy day and I havne't had time to dwell.  My classes started today. Jamie was home because it's MOnday and was bouncing off the walls. Cassy came home sick, Mike had an MRI for continued problems for the accident, ended up taking Cassy to the dr..it's a virus..not the flu..not pneumonia...which I was concerned about because of the length her cough has lasted and the sound of it.  I did talk to my friend today...but I think I will call and check in here after a bit.

Sorry I haven't been around as planned during my vacation from school. Truly, I don't feel like I got one between the car accident and the holidays...lol..maybe during the summer.

Well, I'll be back to check in soon. Sending big hugs and prayers ...especially to vivacious Baby Thomas is ready to make an entry at any time!

hugs
Vicky

© Copyright 2008 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/561030-Its-been-six-years