*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648819-Chapter-9-KC
by Kayla
Rated: GC · Book · Action/Adventure · #1558244
Having to save a race you hate! Poor Mother Nature! Maybe it'll work out!
#648819 added May 16, 2009 at 6:01pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 9-K.C.
“They were simple directions. Well, you have been raised by a human. I should have known this would happen.”

“Get out of his house, whoever, whatever you are!” Sheyna yelled

“His house? This house is made from materials from the Earth. Therefore, it is a part of me and more mine than it could ever be his. You stupid human.”

“What! I’ll make. . .”

“Stop it! You two just stop.” he said

“What were you going to say? Like it even matters. Now, back to the matter at hand. I told you to keep silent, yet you went and told them. Where is your common sense?”

“I told them because I know you need me to save the world.” he had  the nerve to say

“You really should read between the lines. I told you before. Humans are a very destructive  race, so why would  I want to save them. I am here against my will. So it is you who needs me to save this planet. Either way  I will perish so why should I care?”

“You’ll perish either way? What the hell do you mean by that?” Sheyna asked.

“Whether we  save the human race or not, I will die. I will not be a god anymore. I’ll die just like my mother. I had hoped that he would be different, but he is just like the Chosen One before him.”

“What did he do?” J.B. asked

“His decision took her life, for he decided as the ones before him, not to help my ancestors."

“What made you think I would be any different?” he asked

“You are the first chosen one to be half god. All the others were purely human. You are different. I guess you’re just not different in that way. I also thought that you would still uphold your promise.”

“What promise?”

“You remember what you told me right before it happened? I took that as a promise. Maybe I should not have.”

“I’m sorry, I just didn’t think anything like this would happen when I said that.”

“I understand. Anyways, the choice is yours. You have exactly one week. You know where I will be.”

“Yeah, I’ll see you with my decision then.”

“I believe you will. As for you, Sheyna, you’re a good friend. I can tell you are very protective, and you should also be careful. I can see how you feel. I feel it too. Even though I have my old memories back, I still have the new ones as well.”

“I really don’t know what you mean, but I’ll try my best to take your advice. If you get my drift.”

“Yes. Of course I do. They don’t call me Mother Nature for nothing.” I said putting emphasis on the word mother.

“Bye.” they both said

“Bye. For now.” I laughed vanishing into the darkness. Going through the walls. I wonder just  how different  he’ll be. How human will he act? There is just no way to tell at the moment.
 
© Copyright 2009 Kayla (UN: k-anderson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kayla has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648819-Chapter-9-KC