*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669440-The-Plays-the-Thing
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#669440 added September 27, 2009 at 1:21am
Restrictions: None
The Play's the Thing
I am wandering through a huge warehouse. There are large pipes and ducts overhead, painted an industrial gray. I have no idea why I am here. I feel no sense of urgency to leave, but I am looking for a way out.

I turn a corner and see a large metal door with a hand printed paper sign that says "SHOW TONIGHT".
I open the door and enter a large auditorium with a stage. The auditorium has a cement floor with no seats. People are sitting on lawn chairs and blankets, watching the show. It's some type of comedy, a man and two women bantering.

A woman on my left waves and calls out to me "Grab a chair and come over here!"

I sit next to her and she introduces herself, her name is Charlene. I ask her "What's the show about?"

She says "They're all short plays, and we all take turns acting in them. I'm up next, we're doing a three act drama. You'll have time to think about what kind of play you want to do before your turn."

" I don't think I can write a play, even a short one."

"Don't worry, just get to know some of the people here during intermission, you'll be able to get a few of them to help put together something."

The audience laughs as the comedy ends, the players take their bows.

Charlene stands up and says "Wish me luck!" as she walks towards the stage.

The alarm rings and I wake up.

© Copyright 2009 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669440-The-Plays-the-Thing