*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713664-Lets-Pray
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#713664 added December 15, 2010 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
Let's Pray!
The Apostle Paul modeled praying well. He prayed for churches and for leaders. What a great place our world would be if we all took the time to pray for each other as Paul prayed. Imagine if we prayed like this for our friends and family, for our church leaders and our political leaders.





Colossians 1:9-14 NIV



For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.





Shall we pray that God fills the people around us with knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding?



Shall we pray that our friends and family and leaders live a life worthy of the Lord and that their lives will please him in every way?



Shall we pray that their lives bear fruit, that they grow in knowledge of God, that they are strengthened with his power and might so that they have both great endurance and great patience and that they joyfully give thanks to the Father?



And shall we pray the same things about ourselves?







A gift from Kiya

"My Favorite Neighbor
"Sharing Sunshine...It's What I Do!
"Admirable Women
"Whose Work Are You Stealing?
"The Potter's Cup and Saucer

© Copyright 2010 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713664-Lets-Pray