*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797470-My-day----at-last
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#797470 added November 24, 2013 at 3:07am
Restrictions: None
My day - at last
Everyone gets his or her day, so it is said.
At last I have gotten mine - today is Veteran's day !

A lighter way of seeing today, is to know that each life consists of battles.
There is the first war, the one which starts on father's day and ends nine months later with the birth of the new arrival.

Life starts off as a battle between a zillion little sperms, where only the best will win.
With that in mind, remember each person one sees, was the best on the day.
From there on, it is the battle of wits, fighting germs, viral infections, an onslaught of umpteenth bacteria, and falls and bumps of all sorts.

Then life really starts, the teen years set in, and growing into adulthood is a battle of another kind.
Mental awareness is totally underrated, yet only the mentally fit will win this battle - or is it the lucky. or blessed ?
.
The books are full of the people who did not make this hazardous journey with success.

Eventually the person reach veterans status. And the final battle is faced, till the end.

The list of this week's National Whatever Day is available on N W D site.

It will end with a long itinerary on Sunday 17th;

Nice home made bread -
Unfriend day (yes, we can unfriend people) -
Prematurity awareness -
Take a hike -
and end it off with - World Peace.

The moon will be full @ 1716H today.
Those who need to, take note.

Dog saved from depths of South African 'Big Hole'

A pleasant closure to the week.
This is a story which gives a bit of hope that there is still some humanity left in the world.

There are still many good stories left, tho it is sometimes a bit difficult to see through the haze of muck.


This is my version of the story:

Kimberley's big hole is given as being the biggest man made hole on earth.
This started many years ago when diamonds were found at this spot.
Now it is just a hole, and a museum on the history of the diamond mining's heyday.

Somehow, a dog dropped into the hole.



to be cont ...

© Copyright 2013 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797470-My-day----at-last