*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942318-HE-IS-COMING--ARE-YOU-READY---October-1
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#942318 added October 1, 2018 at 6:55am
Restrictions: None
HE IS COMING... ARE YOU READY? - October 1
ARE YOU READY TO MEET HIM?

Jesus is coming for His bride… He is coming for a bride without spot or wrinkle or any such thing.

In His Word, He gives us clear instructions on how to make ourselves ready. The way we live and our relationship with Him matters. Confessing sin daily and then committing the same sins tomorrow and confessing again and again will not cut it. Everyone slips, that’s why we confess our sin daily---for the slips.

Cry out to God for help. That's why He sent His Holy Spirit. He is our comforter, our helper our ever present help in time of trouble. We cannot do it alone... in and of ourselves. We need Him to help us.

Nonetheless we must RESIST temptation... the temptation to act upon every carnal thought that comes across our mind. In His Word He tells us to cast down vain imaginations and every thought that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. We have the power and the authority to do so. We are not subject to whims.

Our thoughts are as important as what we do and/or say... For the Lord says, As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. And out of the abundance of the heart, a man speaketh. If a man looks at a woman lustfully, he has committed adultery with her in his heart. And so it is with every other sin.

When your lifestyle---the things you say and do and think every day---is contrary to Him, then repentance is required. Repentance comes from the heart, from godly sorrow within that causes, prompts a change of course. Repentance is turning around---turning away from a corrupt lifestyle---and going in a completely different direction.

Again, I ask: Are you ready to meet Him? He is coming!!

© Copyright 2018 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942318-HE-IS-COMING--ARE-YOU-READY---October-1