*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976048-Spent-hours-of-my-Life-on-this-street
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#976048 added February 22, 2020 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Spent hours of my Life on this street
The Soundtrack of my Life


Guilty pleasure; celeb-alt music videos

This delightful presentation of Leonard Nimoy in a modern music video for Bruno Mars has several layers of delight for me specifically, and without Mr. Nimoy saying a word. (And completely different from just Nimoy's voice being sampled into a song -- saying, "Pure Energy" -- I don't have to go look that one up for yo do I?) So, being a Californian, already the odds of seeing or even interacting with a celebrity is quite high. And the Lazy Song is espousing all the reasons to not be well known, or to even get out of your pajama pants! Leonard Nimoy has been in television and film a long time, by 2011. So his celebrity mixed with his age is the first bright note of his performance for this song -- a song that one envisions being sung by a much younger, well, less serious and lazy persona. The song of course speaks like a siren song to any of us that find it hard to unwind.

The second layer to this that I love is the entire action of this video takes place in a suburban block that I have many memories of. The grocery store entered to procure milk and other entertainment is really around the corner from the street of houses used for exterior shots of Nimoy and a friendly neighbor. I remember the Carvel Ice Cream store next to that grocery store. I also remember growing up in the late Seventies and early Eighties sometimes being just beyond the boundaries when Hollywood scenes, or MTV videos needed filming. Mars lyrics even mention MTV, trying to interject that it can instruct, but essentially it is doing nothing.



Bruno Mars, Lazy Song, (Alternative Official Video) feat. Leonard Nimoy

© Copyright 2020 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976048-Spent-hours-of-my-Life-on-this-street