*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993312-Dogs-and-Kawasakis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#993312 added September 14, 2020 at 10:18pm
Restrictions: None
Dogs and Kawasakis
This morning I heard my wife get up and I told her to hold off on letting the dogs out. It was still pitch dark and we need stool samples to send off to the vet in order to get them into the kennel. I took them out into the lighted back yard, but to no avail. There is an old saying that goes... "A watched dog never poops."

This morning at 8 O'clock we need to drop the car off to get it serviced for the trip south. Then I need to get the right sized screws for the flywheel puller. Removing it will be a hurdle and might reveal some clues as to why the engine locked up. My friend, Dennis, thinks it might be a frozen bearing given all the corrosion shown on the flywheel. The piston seems to move slightly. He says he thinks a bearing can be replaced without splitting the case. I doubt that, but hope springs eternal.

Finally got some stool specimens for the dogs. Took them to the vet for testing and the dogs have tapeworms. We bought the medication and informed the kennel where we will be boarding them. They told us they will not accept the dogs until they test negative. So after paying $90 we get to pay $90 more for a negative reading. This trip south to see our kids is getting more expensive by the day and we haven't even left yet.

Al loaned me his flywheel puller, however I had to buy the three metric bolts to go with it. While in town I decided to buy my own puller and a set of metric taps and dies. When I got home and went to work one or the cheap Chinese bolts sheared off. The bolts from ACE Hardware on Al's puller worked fine and the badly corroded flywheel finally popped off. The coils looked good however there was some corrosion on the pick-ups. I'll need to test them tomorrow to see if they're still good.

The early Model Bighorns had a long narrow needle that went down from the top and attached to the inside of the sliding throttle body. It was used to adjust the idle. Later models used a more traditional screw that lifted the slide barrel to achieve the same effect. You can tell the model by noting if one of the holes is sealed on the threaded cap screw. If there are two holes the idle adjustment in on the top, however, if one is plugged then the idle screw is on the side. I like the the product improved version. I wish the choke lever or plunger cap were located on the engine rather than on the handlebars.


© Copyright 2020 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993312-Dogs-and-Kawasakis