*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993445-A-Passion-for-something-I-have-no-Aptitude-for
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#993445 added October 25, 2020 at 10:00pm
Restrictions: None
A Passion for something I have no Aptitude for
Sitting in my garage at the present time under the spotlight there are 3 Kawasaki Bighorns and 1 Bison. The difference between the two models is that the Bison was 250 ccs and the Bighorn 350 ccs. Other wise they are pretty much identical. They are all in a pretty sad state and only 1 is close to having the engine started. Still they are complete bikes and three have good compression with one that won't turn over due to something being stuck inside.

I have two friends who live close by. They could not be more different. They are both mechanically gifted, one being better educated and the other never graduated from High School. For my part I have a passion for motorcycles but not a great deal of aptitude. Like many challenges I have faced in life, this is one of those I really have to buckle down to master and even then "True Understanding" comes slowly. It does however, eventually trickle down.

One of the techniques I use to foster understanding is to take the diagrams from shop manuals and enlarge them up to tenfold. One can do this by taking a diagram to Stapes and having the girl behind the desk do it for me. It costs about $15 a diagram but it sure makes it easier to understand for example a wiring diagram. At first glance they look daunting but blown up are much easier to read and understand. So that is what I did this morning, had three of them enlarged. Coming home I got some spark plugs and we picked up the Nissan for the trip we plan to take soon.

Then I dropped off some tools I borrowed from Al and stopped by Dennis's place to chat. This evening I drove motorcycles around the block to give them some exercise. I have over twenty so that can be a lot of exercise.

© Copyright 2020 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993445-A-Passion-for-something-I-have-no-Aptitude-for