*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994516-Vacation
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#994516 added September 28, 2020 at 9:57pm
Restrictions: None
Vacation
Vacation is nearing its end and my heart is breaking. I shall soon resume the everyday stress of hospital life.It is not that I don't enjoy my time spent in this pursuit or that I am not rewarding my inescapable need to care for people, it just makes the other aspects of my life more difficult. Family time becomes sparse and hobbies are left to gather dust. Speaking of dust, my furniture tends to suffer the same fate. Another item, close to my heart that suffers, is my time spent writing. Deadlines and imagination are not meant for the weary. This is the first time in my life that I caught a glimpse of what retirement offers, and I must say the thought was not distasteful. Now if I can just get the lottery commission to cooperate with my plans. And by the way it was the first vacation or extended time off in over 2 years. I did manage to clean up my portfolio and write some new items, so feel free to check it out.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994516-Vacation