*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3259656
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #710633
Members help other members with non-technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Mar 28, 2019 at 12:37pm
Edited: March 28, 2019 at 1:25pm
Re: "Resource limitations"
Greets,

In the forums here, we've re-hashed this in a bunch of different ways since we implemented the policy about 15 months ago (January 2018).

The servers ARE available plenty. I see they're currently available and under loaded.
We're serving roughly 1,000 interactive pages alone per minute across our servers.

We've addressed how and why ads don't pay... and why we stopped trying to get blood from the ad-supported stone.

You're welcome to dig through and find some of those old dead-horse-beaten discussions in the various support forums.

Instead, I'll just skip to your last part because I think you summarize where things are for us.

And on the last note, while typing this I tried to access the fifth chapter of a story and was met with the "resource limitations" post. I'm looking at the sidebar and seeing a total of 928 people accessing your site. If that's "Heavy resource demands" then you really need to get some better server support.

It's "funny" when people say this.

Yes, we could absolutely pay for additional resources to allow thousands of free people to access.

In fact, we did that for about 15 years... Based on your account creation date, you had about 10 years of fully unlimited free use. I understand the disappointment of that free use ending. No thank you to us - but you're welcome all the same.

We choose not to continue dumping endless money into increasing the resources -- because we, like you, have bills.

Just like you, where you feel (and I'm quoting you) "$21.90 isn't worth it" -- we too feel that paying more for server capacity so that folks who think (again, I'm quoting you) "$21.90 isn't worth it" can use it for free isn't worth it...

In terms of the responses... I'm not sure what to say there. Yes, people are asking for more free stuff from us... and that puts us in a position where we have to say no, we're not giving more free stuff. I hope you can acknowledge there is literally no way for us to win the niceness prize for that. We do, however, take the time to answer and address each such post. We could ignore or outright delete them but, as long as the posts are respectful and not loaded with cursing and hatred (which many are that you don't see because we've removed them) we do try to individually respond to each concern -- even if we can't do that with a "YES! You're RIGHT! More free stuff for you!!!" *Heart*

Best,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Birthday
[Click For More Info]

May this day always be a special one to remember surrounded by friends, family, and the wonderful accomplishments you have made thus far.
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
"Resource limitations" · 03-28-19 11:51am
by Blade Singer
*Star* Re: "Resource limitations" · 03-28-19 12:37pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: "Resource limitations" · 03-28-19 1:37pm
by Blade Singer
Re: Re: Re: "Resource limitations" · 03-28-19 1:59pm
by Sally
Re: Re: Re: "Resource limitations" · 03-28-19 2:37pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Re: Re: "Resource limitations" · 03-24-20 7:50pm
by RitaXMordio
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Resource limitations" · 03-24-20 7:56pm
by The StoryMaster
This thread is locked and new replies may not be submitted.
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3259656