Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3348008
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2222203
52 weeks + 52 prompts = 52 poems
<< Previous · Message List · Next >>
May 31, 2020 at 7:56am
3 Like
Edited: June 8, 2020 at 6:27am
Welcome!
Hello and Welcome to the "Promptly Poetry Challenge!

I am excited to have you join me in this year-long poetry challenge!

Tomorrow you will receive your first prompt, but today I wanted to drop you an email with some info that may be useful to you.

Here is a list of items that are directly related to this activity:

"Promptly Poetry Challenge
In addition to weekly emails, your prompts will also appear in this forum as a pinned post. When posting the link to your completed poem, please post it as a reply to the appropriate pinned weekly prompt. This will greatly aid in record-keeping, so thanks in advance!

"PPC Group and Bank
This is the Bank/Group. All GPs that are donated for your personal ribbons are stored here and your accumulated funds are also recorded.
Straight donations are also noted here.

"PPC Participant Progress Log
I will log your completed weeks for the challenge here. I haven't decided on an exact format yet, but you will be able to see your progress here.
*Remember, you must complete at least 40 weekly prompts to receive your ribbon. (That's why we call it a challenge.)

"PPC Mini-Challenges Log
This item has been created to keep track of the mini-challenges as they surface.

divider for pages

If you have not yet created a folder or book to store your poems, please do so. If you have an existing folder/book that you are going to utilize, that's fine. If you have not yet sent me the item number for your folder/book, please do so. I need to make a record of it for a couple of reasons, one being that is where your awardicon will be placed.

Your weekly prompts will be a variety of things throughout this challenge. There will be words, phrases, pictures, music, quotes, or whatever strikes my fancy that week. Some weeks you may be required to meet a specific line count in addition to the prompt. If you want to use any specific form, feel free. Just keep the prompt in mind because it will need to be incorporated. There may be weeks you just don't like the prompt, can't come up with anything, or just find it bizarre. I get that. Just do your best and give it a shot - it's a challenge.

Throughout the course of this activity, there will be mini-challenges that will provide you opportunities to win merit badges or 10K ribbons. Some of those challenges may be for reviewing, entering contests, or, uhm, I don't know what else yet. It'll be a surprise for us all! I may even send random gifts to those that are on-track; raffle tickets, etc. We'll see how the piggy bank holds up, lol.
*These mini-challenges will always be optional!

If you miss a week, don't fret! You can make it up - but you must make it up by the end of the activity. I will be creating a list of all the weekly prompts in a drop-down at the bottom of the forum for easy and frequent access.

Remember, this is for FUN. So, let's have some FUN, right?

Thank you again for joining in and if you have questions at any time, drop me an email!

made my Min   Blinkie...
"Lilli's Coffee Fund

"Question of the Day!

Image for my group
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Welcome! · 05-31-20 7:56am
by Lilli ☕

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Lilli ☕.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3348008