Fantasy and Science Fiction activity to inspire you! Bonus prizes each month!
The "Fantasy and Science Fiction Society"
I dream my painting and I paint my dream. - Vincent van Gogh
What is Thrice Prompted?
Thrice Prompted in a continuous activity to inspire you to write stories. For every 3 stories you write using the prompts, you win a merit badge! There are no deadlines in this activity. This means you can take as long as you like to produce a story. We aren't judging you compared to others, either. This activity simply rewards you for writing!
You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write. - Saul Bellow
Use one (or a combination) of the following prompts to inspire a story. Once 3 stories have been inspired you win a Merit Badge.
None of the prompts inspiring you? Check back soon as I will regularly update the list with more prompts.
Write from the point of view of a magical object
Turn the good guy into the bad guy
The aliens were here all along
The secret room
What if the bad guy was right?
A grown-up fairy tale
The key to another dimension
Two worlds collide
The Dragon, the Witch and the Wardrobe
The portal closed suddenly
Write from the perspective of a character with strong opinions that oppose your own
Subvert a romance cliche
The ultimate prank
The Monster under the bed
The story of how he won his heart is thrilling. The story of how he destroyed it is devastating.
Start with happily ever after
Write a fantasy/sci-fi story based on the lyrics of a song in the charts
Use one (or more) of the quotes on this page as your prompt
The house was alive
The Mirror dimension
Tell a story in a series of text messages (or similar communication medium)
No one ever checks out of this hotel
Take a famous poem and rewrite it as a fantasy/sci-fi story
Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions. - Paulo Coelho
What are the rules?
1. Your story must be between 500 and 6000 words
2. Your story must include at least 1 fantasy and/or science fiction element
3. You MUST write the word count at the top of the item or book entry
4. You must state which prompt you used at the top of the item or book entry
5. Your story must be rated 18+ or lower (No vore or non-consensual erotica)
6. Stories must be linked in the forum using an item or bitem link for items, and the entry or fentry for book entries
7. You are allowed (in fact encouraged) to edit your piece as much as you want even after submission
8. Your piece must be accessible to at least registered authors and higher
9. All items must be newly written for the activity
10. Stories should be posted as individual items or book entries
11. All 3 stories must follow all the rules to count
Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. - Anton Chekhov
Although the best prize is that you have a story to work with and show off, there are also some other prizes on offer! For every 3 stories you enter, you win a prize:
3 stories: FSFS Merit Badge
6 stories: Awardicon on the best story (please tell me your top 3 to be judged)
9 stories: Merit Badge
12 stories: Awardicon on the best (please tell me your top 3 to be judged)
Alternating MB and Awardicon
Monthly Bonus Prize
Each month I am offering a bonus prize. For every story submitted in a given month 10K GPs is added to the bonus prize pot (up to a maximum of 200K). Each story submitted in that month counts as a raffle ticket to give you a chance of winning the bonus prize pot!
The following members have entered stories:
FSFS Navigation ▼