A contest prompting rewards for your best answer.
? Why ? Why Not ?
Isn't it time to try something new?
Each entry must give both 'why', and 'why not' sides of a prompt.
Thank you - Sally for the lovely awardicon
and for Dawn Embers 'Editor's Pick in
the Short Story Newsletter 8/28/19
Suggest a prompt. If it is added, receive a 1000 point reward.
September Long WdC 19th Birthday Celebration
Be one of the first three entries and have 200 K points donated to your favorite activity.
A new contest occurs from the first to the last day of each month.
Write up to a 1000 word short story or up to a 40 line poem based on your prompt.
Be sure to enter the number of the prompt you choose into your post.
Prompts may change. The end date will be added to the prompt. Check before entering.
One original and new entry only each month.
Make Fantasy or Folklore the genre in your post.
Must not be above an 18+ rating.
Posts can be edited up until the end of the month.
Use either a bitem or entry to post an entry.
Monthly winner will receive an 10K awardicon. Winner's choice of an MB.
Winner will be announced soon after the end of the month.
The winner will be highlighted in a link at the bottom of the contest page.
Three or more entries must be present during the month for a win.
If there are less than three, the judge will determine default award(s) for entering.
Judge BobRic. Guest Judges welcome. anyone can enter but only once a month.
Choose from one of the following prompts. Include the prompt number in your post.
Month Long Prompts
1) Why are fake facts much more interesting than real ones?
2) Why don't people do long-range planning better?
3) Why do babies look so cute?
4) Why do men never ask for directions while driving? (prompt ends 9/30/19)
5) Why doesn't Cupid run out of love tipped arrows and never miss his mark? (prompt ends 9/30/19)
6) Why do dogs hate cats? (prompt ends 9/30/19)
7) Why do we require sleep? (prompt ends 9/30/19)
8) Why, if Xmas is so successful, does it come only once a year? (prompt ends 9/30/19)
9) Why is there only one Saturday a week? (prompt ends 9/30/19)
10) Why are women from Venus and men from Mars? (suggested by Hannah 8/23/19)
8/31/19 - hullabaloo22 - "The Road Hog"