A contest prompting rewards for your best answer.
? Why ? Why Not ?
Isn't it time to try something new?
Each entry must give both 'why', and 'why not' sides of a prompt.
Thank you - Sally for the lovely awardicon
and for Dawn Embers 'Editor's Pick in
the Short Story Newsletter 8/28/19
Suggest a prompt. If it is added, receive a 1000 point reward.
A contest from the first to the last day of each month.
Write up to a 1000 word short story or essay based on your prompt.
Be sure to enter the prompt you choose into your post.
Prompts may change. The end date will be added to the prompt. Check before entering.
One original and new entry only each month.
Must include both 'why and why not' featured in your post
Must not be above an 18+ rating.
Posts can be edited up until the end of the month.
Use either a bitem or entry to post an entry.
Monthly winner will receive an 10K awardicon. Winner's choice of an MB.
Winner will be announced soon after the end of the month.
The winner will be highlighted in a link at the bottom of the contest page.
Three or more entries must be present during the month for a win.
If there are less than three, the judge will determine default award(s) for entering.
Judge BobRic. Guest Judges welcome. anyone can enter but only once a month.
Choose from one of the following prompts. Include the prompt number in your post.
Month Long Prompts
1) Pro's and con's of 'Absolute Truth' in science and religion
2) Pro's and con's of What 'Art' is and is not
3) Pro's and con's of 'Punishment Vs. Rehabilitation' for prisoners
4) Pro's and con's of 'Writing Fiction Vs. Non-fiction'
5) Pro's and con's of 'Pure Research Vs. Practical Application helpful to mankind'
6) Why or why not ask why? (will be deleted 1/31/20)
7) Why or why not celebrate Christmas? (will be deleted 1/31/20)
8) Why or why not is love at first sight best left to romance writers? (will be deleted 1/31/20)
8/31/19 - hullabaloo22 - "The Road Hog"
12/31/19 - D. Reed Whittaker - "First Sight"