*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Creative fun in
the palm of your hand.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/2249646-Universal-poetry-writing-contest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #2249646
ok team... here we have the first FSFS group.

{c}I dream my painting and I paint my dream. - Vincent van Gogh

What is The poetry contest for the FSF universe?

This is a continuous activity to inspire you to write poetry. For everybody to feel comfortable with this contest, I am opening it up to everybody on WDC. You must make a post with the item numbers for verification before judging or you will not be judged, and no prizes could be awarded. There is only one deadline for this activity, and it is the last day of the month. This means you can take as long as you like to produce a story. We aren't judging you compared to others, either. This activity simply rewards you for writing!

You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write. - Saul Bellow

PROMPTS

I really am sorry but the prompts for this contest are truly up to you and you only!

Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions. - Paulo Coelho

What are the rules?

Rule #1Poems of up to 15 lines only
#2. Please state the form used and line count in your entry post
#3. Your poem should have any theme of fantasy or science fiction (remember to use your imagination for that rule, even the poem The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe could be included if written right)
#4. Your poem must be newly written for the contest
#5. Keep entries at rating 18+ or below
#6. This year's contest will run monthly and will close the last day of the month at 11:59
#7. You may submit as many poems as you would like
#8. You can edit up to contest closing
#9. I recommend using bitem or entry form, but you are welcome to just share your poem(s) directly in your entry post
#10. One prize per winner, but remember there is a secondary drawing for those that weren't winners which will follow the same guidelines as the winners drawing.
#11 you MUST post your entries in the forum below to be considered for this contest.

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. - Anton Chekhov

Prizes for the winners

Although the best prize one can recieve is that you have an award-winning poem to show off, and bragging rights.( however there will be a 10K prize to the monthly winner.
Plus there will be a bonus contest( one for the winners and one for the ones that dont win each month)

Hint: You're more likely to win if you make me feel some emotion, use good form and your entry is free of grammatical and spelling errors.

There are also some other prizes later on in the year!
Out of all the winners from that period, there will be a grand prize given to a lucky draw winner, drawing by random choice. Prize to be announced later

which may be an FSFS Merit Badge an awardicon, and/ or GPS to the lucky winner to be drawn from all the winners.

There will be a second drawing at the same time for those who have not won during the time. I want to include everyone in the fun.

Monthly Prize winner

Each month I am offering a bonus prize. For the winning poem submitted the month 10K GPs is awarded to the winner while a stand-by winner of 2K for the drawing for the ones that didn't win), and yes you can enter more than one poem in each contest. Each winning poem submitted counts as a raffle ticket to give you a chance of winning the bonus prize at the end of the year!

FSFS Navigation

Good Luck! The next contest starts June 1... bring it! I DARE YOU!
3 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 1 · per page   < >
by Ari Lox · 05-04-21 @ 3:02 pm
by JCosmos · 05-02-21 @ 7:15 pm
by ~MM~ · 05-02-21 @ 3:51 pm

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/2249646-Universal-poetry-writing-contest