The Cramp is 17 - help us celebrate!!
Beginning with the prompt posted at NOON on Wednesday, January 23, the daily GP prize (starting with the prize on Thursday, January 24) will be 17,000 GPs!
Prompts have been provided by several special "Guest Prompters" who are friends of the Cramp, or former judges. You will also be given a Genre to write in. You MUST write your entry using the genre given by the judge (and choose it as one of your genres) AND follow the prompt exactly in order to qualify.
The WDC B'day Fairy will be flying through the Cramp throughout the week, randomly assigning Cramp Merit Badges to non-winning entries that strike her fancy.
Just for visiting our forum this week, you can add the special WDC Birthday Trinket to your collection!
All other regular Cramp guidelines apply -- see below for complete information and make sure you follow ALL of the rules in order to qualify to win! If you have any questions, email Sophy directly -- do NOT post them in the forum.
1. All entries must be posted by link only. It is MANDATORY to use the "b-item" link. If you don't know how to use the "b-item" link, see "Video: Linking to an Item" or WritingML Help for b-item. In order to use a "b-item" link, you have to create a STATIC item for your entry. See "How to Enter the Writer's Cramp" for more info.
2. All entries must be posted BEFORE noon (by no later than 11:59am WDC time) to qualify for that day's judging.
3. All entries must not exceed 1,000 words for stories or 40 lines for poetry. Your word or line count must appear somewhere in your entry post in the Cramp forum.
4. All genres, all types of writing, and all portfolio colors are welcome. All ratings are welcome also - just make sure that your title/intro do not use language higher than 13+ (which is the rating of this forum).
5. ALL of the writing prompt requirements must be met in order to qualify.
6. You may post one story, or one poem, or one of each for a total of two items each day.
7. PLEASE MAKE YOUR ENTRIES ORIGINAL TO THAT DAY'S PROMPT - previously created entries will not be considered, because the point of Writer's Cramp is to respond to a prompt in 24 hours or less, and submitting something you already wrote and had time to edit isn't fair to the other contestants. So you MUST create a new STATIC item for each prompt.
HAVE FUN EVERYONE!
If you would like to donate GPs to the Writer's Cramp,
you may send them directly to "The Writer's Cramp Judges Group" -- (ID#463412). THANK YOU!
Meet our wonderful Writer's Cramp Judges!
Shaara New Year
Dragon's prepping for CNY!
ONLY ENTRIES AND PROMPTS
are allowed to be posted in this forum.
Anything other than prompts and current entries will be suspended,
including questions, comments, and non-compliant entries.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions,
please email them to one of the judges. Thank you!