Write the best story or poem in 24 hours or less and win 10,000 GPs!
Hello and welcome!
This forum is designed to get your creative juices flowing.
10,000 gps will be given away every 24 hours!
Each day around 12pm NOON WDC time, one of our dedicated volunteer judges will judge the previous day's entries and post a writing prompt. The contest for that prompt ends before NOON (11:59am WDC time) the next day. All entries that follow ALL of the prompt requirements will be judged according to the creativity in responding to the writing prompt only. This means that grammatical errors WILL NOT be a determining factor in deciding the winner!
We are firm believers that far too many writers dwell so much on the grammatical portion of their writing, they stop the creative juices from spilling out of their fingers. A good writer does not stop to correct mistakes along the way. A good writer WRITES until they have extracted every bit of juice from their creative selves. Only then, does a good writer stop to edit.
Keeping that in mind, this daily contest will get your creative mind to write, write, write! How? You won't have TIME to correct. :) The judging will be based on how well you followed the prompt and how creative you were with it, not just on how well you write. Judges will do our best to review all the entries, but sometimes we will not be able to. When we can review, don't expect a detailed review of your piece. You have 24 hours to write, we only have a few minutes to judge.
DAILY PROMPTS are found in posts with these words in the subject line WINNER AND NEW PROMPT
If you do not do so already, please view the Cramp forum using the "Unthreaded View." If you use the "Threaded View," the most recent prompt may not appear at the top of the list, which has confused some entrants as to which is the current prompt, leading to a disqualification. To avoid this, make sure you view the Cramp via "Unthreaded View" so you will see the most recent/current prompt closest to the top of the page of posts.
There are only a few guidelines, so please adhere to them. Otherwise, you will be disqualified.
1. All entries must be posted by link only. It is MANDATORY to use the "b-item" link. If you don't know how to use the "b-item" link, see "Video: Linking to an Item" or WritingML Help for b-item. In order to use a "b-item" link, you have to create a STATIC item for your entry. See "How to Enter the Writer's Cramp" for more info.
2. All entries must be posted BEFORE noon (by no later than 11:59am WDC time) to qualify for that day's judging. NOTE: As soon as your post your entry it will be eligible to be read/reviewed by the judge. So make sure your entry is in its final form before posting, as any edits to your static item made after you post might not be taken into account when read by the judge, depending on their schedule.
3. All entries must not exceed 1,000 words for stories or 40 lines for poetry. Your word or line count MUST appear in your entry post in the Cramp forum.
4. All genres, all types of writing, and all portfolio colors are welcome. All ratings are welcome also - just make sure that your title/intro do not use language higher than 13+ (which is the rating of this forum).
5. ALL of the writing prompt requirements must be met in order to qualify.
6. You may post one story, or one poem, or one of each for a total of two items each day.
7. PLEASE MAKE YOUR ENTRIES ORIGINAL TO THAT DAY'S PROMPT - previously created entries will not be considered, because the point of Writer's Cramp is to respond to a prompt in 24 hours or less, and submitting something you already wrote and had time to edit isn't fair to the other contestants. So you MUST create a new STATIC item for each prompt.
HAVE FUN EVERYONE!
If you would like to donate GPs to the Writer's Cramp,
you may send them directly to "The Writer's Cramp Judges Group" -- (ID#463412). THANK YOU!
Meet our wonderful Writer's Cramp Judges!
NOTE: We have created a Limited Edition "The Writer's Cramp" Trinket!
How can you collect one? Enter and WIN the Cramp - and in addition to 10K GPs for winning,
you will get a link with information on how to collect the trinket.
Plus - on occasion - at the whim of our very whimsy (whimsical?) judges -
other Crampers will be given the opportunity to collect the trinket.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ENTRIES
TO THE CURRENT PROMPT
are allowed to be posted in this forum.
Anything other than prompts and current entries will be suspended,
including questions, comments, and non-compliant entries.
If you have questions, thankyou's, or suggestions,
please email them to one of the judges. Thank you!