Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #333655
Write the best STORY or POEM in 24 hours or less and win 10K GPs!
Hello and welcome!
This forum is designed to get your creative juices flowing.
10,000 gps will be given away every 24 hours!
Each day around 12pm NOON WDC time, one of our dedicated volunteer judges will judge the previous day's entries and post a new writing prompt. Entries for each new prompt must be posted by 11:59am WDC time the next day. Entries that follow ALL of the prompt requirements will be judged according to the creativity in responding to the writing prompt only. This means that grammatical errors WILL NOT be a determining factor in deciding the winner!
We are firm believers that far too many writers dwell so much on the grammatical portion of their writing, they stop the creative juices from spilling out of their fingers. A good writer does not stop to correct mistakes along the way. A good writer WRITES until they have extracted every bit of juice from their creative selves. Only then, does a good writer stop to edit (which you can do later).
Keeping that in mind, this daily contest will get your creative mind to write, write, write! How? You won't have TIME to correct. :) The judging will be based on how well you followed the prompt and how creative you were with it, not just on how well you write.
DAILY PROMPTS are found in posts with these words in the subject line WINNER AND NEW PROMPT
If you do not do so already, please view the Cramp forum using the "Unthreaded View" so the most recent prompt appears at the top of the list.
There are only a few guidelines, so please adhere to them. Otherwise, you will be disqualified.
1. You must create a new STATIC ITEM for your piece, and use the "b-item" link to post it in the forum. If you don't know how to use the "b-item" link, see "Video: Linking to an Item" or WritingML Help for b-item. See "How to Enter the Writer's Cramp" for more info.
2. All entries must be posted BY NO LATER than 11:59am WDC time to qualify for that day's judging.
3. Entries must not exceed 1,000 words for stories or 40 lines for poetry. Your word or line count MUST appear in your entry post in the Cramp forum.
4. All genres, all types of writing, and all portfolio colors are welcome. All ratings are welcome also - just make sure that your title/intro do not use language higher than 13+ (which is the rating of this forum).
5. ALL of the writing prompt requirements must be met in order to qualify.
6. You may post one story, or one poem, or one of each for a total of two items each day.
7. PLEASE MAKE YOUR ENTRIES ORIGINAL TO THAT DAY'S PROMPT - previously created entries will not be considered, because the point of Writer's Cramp is to respond to a prompt in 24 hours or less. So you MUST create a new STATIC item for each prompt.
Most importantly - HAVE FUN EVERYONE!
Meet our wonderful Writer's Cramp Judges!
Lilli ☕️ 🧿
ONLY ENTRIES AND PROMPTS
are allowed in this forum.
Questions/comments/OT's will be suspended.
Email one of the judges if you have a question.
by JCosmos • about 11 hours ago
by L_P • about 20 hours ago
by JCosmos • a day ago
by buddhangela's B&W for eyestar • a day ago
by Bianca • a day ago
by slongentl • a day ago
by JCosmos • 03-29-23 @ 7:50 am
by winklett • 03-28-23 @ 12:00 pm
by Dawn Embers • 03-28-23 @ 9:22 am
by Quiltingmama • 03-28-23 @ 4:53 am
by Show Show • 03-28-23 @ 4:27 am
by Queen NormaJean nomorecoldplz! • 03-27-23 @ 11:51 pm
by SSpark • 03-27-23 @ 9:50 pm
by AmyJo - Time won't stand still • 03-27-23 @ 8:30 pm
by Espero • 03-27-23 @ 8:10 pm
by Lilli ☕️ 🧿 • 03-27-23 @ 12:21 pm
by buddhangela's B&W for eyestar • 03-27-23 @ 12:07 pm
by JCosmos • 03-27-23 @ 5:55 am
by Queen NormaJean nomorecoldplz! • 03-26-23 @ 8:48 pm
by Sophy • 03-26-23 @ 12:07 pm
by L_P • 03-25-23 @ 12:34 pm
by AmyJo - Time won't stand still • 03-25-23 @ 9:12 am
by JCosmos • 03-24-23 @ 10:38 pm
by Robert Waltz • 03-24-23 @ 12:01 pm
by Queen NormaJean nomorecoldplz! • 03-23-23 @ 11:34 pm