*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2221333
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Medical · #1013752
Share your feelings, frustrations. Teach others about yours, learn about theirs.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 3, 2011 at 9:50pm
Sorry It's Been So Long... Life, and Fibro, got in the way.
         I'm sorry it's taken so long since my last entry in this forum. Life, and fibro have been complicating things in various ways, and I haven't really had a chance to get here. I deeply apologize for that.
         My own fibro symptoms have escalated, as have Kenzie 's, during the time I've not been here. Mine are far more frequent, and in more places than ever, and they're quite often now hitting more than one location at once, with varying degrees of pain, for varying lengths of time. And the pain levels as a whole have gone up across the board.
         Combine that increased pain situation with my father's diagnosis of both Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, his moving to a retirement home, and then a few weeks ago breaking his left hip in a fall. At the age of 90, that's a lot for him to take on. His rehab on the hip is going wonderfully, though, so hopefully he'll be back in his apartment soon.
         The simple act of carrying two plastic boxes of sweatshirts from my car to his room in the rehab facility set off my back pain worse than it had been all day. And they weren't that darn heavy, either.
         Another illustration for you of what the increase in my fibro situations is doing. Some days the pain is either so intense, or in so many places at once that I can actually feel the loss of energy as my body tries to fight the pain. I sometimes end up taking a caffeine pill to stay awake at work.
         Also, I'm starting to see more and more what Kenzie meant a few months back when she said that these days she's generally good for one major event a day, and that's it. I say that because I was fine after I'd get home from work around 5:30 or so, but now, with my dad in rehab, the nights I stop on the way home to visit with him, even if only for an hour or so, wear me out. I'm ready to nap or go to bed for the night shortly after I get home, which on those nights is about 8:00. I hate having less energy than even a month ago. And I hate wondering what it's going to be like in another month or so.

Well, that's it for the moment. I will honestly try and keep this more up to date in the future. It will make a good diary of my experiences in case I have to lay them out for a doctor at some point in the future. See you next time! *Smile*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Sorry It's Been So Long... Life, and Fibro, got in the way. · 04-03-11 9:50pm
by Incurable Romantic

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Incurable Romantic.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2221333