*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2590271
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1851931
Come introduce yourself so we members can be writing pals forever.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 31, 2013 at 1:29am
Dear Reader
Nice to meet you, Tina!

I just found you today through one entry in an interactive about One Direction; was surprised since you are close to my age, but intrigued at same time. I read your guestbook here to know more. I see many things in your descriptions about who you are that connect us. I hope you and I can find many poetry and reading opportunities to make a friendship.

You mentioned disability (both your daughter's and your own hearing loss), and I, too, was born premature, but now in my mid-forties, I have never let it stop me. I'm a bit clumsy and inexperienced with IM use, but maybe you can be patient with me? I have been on WDC 10+ years, but rarely used IM.

Well, I hope you will come see my portfolio. I would love your opinion on a character I have created, one I will make central to my first completed novel. He is a poet and a kind of special agent, who also happens to be deaf from a life-long progressive loss of hearing. Interested?

The best introduction to that character/novel happens to be the first listing in my portfolio:
 Captured Images  (13+)
An unusually striking man joins me on vacation -- but what will develop?
#899600 by Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892

Cheers!
Walkinbird
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

Best line from Tin Man (2007)
"You know you really should do something about that BITTER cynicism of yours Cain."

Cain:
"Why? Someones gotta keep your wide eyed optimism in check."
DDOSF gift courtesy of Highwind
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Dear Reader · 10-31-13 1:29am
by Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892
Re: Dear Reader · 11-05-13 5:00pm
by Tina M. Courtney

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Tina M. Courtney.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2590271