Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Comedy · #1723002
Books, TV, Movies, Music, Too...Quotes I Like
<< Previous · Message List · Next >>
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:30am
1 Like
Edited: March 17, 2018 at 11:39am
*Type*Re: Re: Re: Movie I Want to See
by Tinker
Hi Hooves, Yes I've seen Dunkirk and The Darkest Hour. I saw Dunkirk first and realized later I would have had a better appreciation for Dunkirk if I had seen The Darkest Hour first.

They are both about pretty much the same thing, one dramatizing the the political crisis caused by the event and the other the event itself. I had some idea about the history of both but didn't realize the importance of it all until after seeing the Darkest Hour. That movie helped me understand the absolute desperation of the situation. When I was watching Dunkirk without having seen Darkest Hour, I viewed it as another war movie with heroism. It was so much more than that.

So Darkest Hour is a must see. Dunkirk is icing on the cake.

Darkest hour is heavy political drama. The British accent made some of the dialogue hard to understand. Dunkirk is a very real life reinactment of one of the most important battles of WWII. I had no idea of how important until watching Darkest Hour. Both have ther slow moments.

~~Tink

PS. Dunkirk really should be seen on a big screen. I don't know that a small screen will communicate the vastness if its scope.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Type*Movie I Want to See · 03-11-18 12:44pm
by ♥hOOves♥
Re: Movie I Want to See · 03-16-18 2:59pm
by Tinker
Re: Re: Movie I Want to See · 03-17-18 9:46am
by ♥hOOves♥
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Movie I Want to See · 03-17-18 11:30am
by Tinker
Re: Re: Re: Re: Movie I Want to See · 04-03-18 12:26pm
by ♥hOOves♥

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, ♥hOOves♥.
Username:
Password:
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.Writing.Com/view/1723002