*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. a roc
  2. Is it a...?
  3. The Curse
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1399758-The-Outcast/cid/558502-a-roc
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1399758
A child becomes an outcast, because the child is half human
This choice: a roc  •  Go Back...
The child was half roc. The body structure was the same as a human child except for the feet which were like a bird's talons, and its mouth was replaced with a beak. The creature child also had black feathers that covered it's body and wings spruting from it back.

Bowhan turned away from the beast and thought about what he could do. He decided that the only thing he could do was to take it far away from the town and kill it. He bundled the sleeping creature up and left town. He made sure that no one saw him and no one followed him.

Once he was far from the town, he set the creature child down on the ground. Bowhan then lifted his sword high in the air to kill the child, but just as he was about to do so, the child opened his eyes. (yes, the child is a boy.) In the creature's eyes, Bowhan saw his own blue eyes. The creature had his eyes. Bohwan dropped his sword behind him and fell to his knees. He began to cry, because the child was truly his and he couldn't possible kill his own blood even if it was contaminated by roc's blood.

"I can't kill the damn thing," Bowhan cried, "What the hell am I going to do with this thing now?" Bowhan looked ahead and he saw a large mountain in the distance. He remebered that it is where he had killed the roc from yesterday. There was a cave there and it would be perfect for the child to live in. "I can bring the child there," he thought, "There, it should be able to live on its own."

That was exactly what Bowhan did. He climbed to the cave with the roc child and he left the child there. The child was now completely bird like and looked like a normal baby roc, except of his father's eyes. Though, the roc didn't want Bowhan to leave. So, Bowhan lied to the child and said that he would be right back. The roc noticed tears when Bowhan said this, because he wasn't going to come back and he wish that he could take care of the child instead of abandoning it. The roc stayed in the cave and waited for his father to come back. The roc cried all through the night when he realized that his father was never coming back
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. (UN: bruce607 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1399758-The-Outcast/cid/558502-a-roc